Chance at H?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Verisimi

Chance at H?

Postby Verisimi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:19 pm

Hey guys, I need a healthy dose of reality. 3.76/175 (first time score), what is my realistic chance at HLS? For the seeming minority of TLS who thinks that more than numbers matter - in undergrad, top public, strong upward grade trend, average everything else. I've already looked at LSN, Law School Predictor, and hourumd.

Thanks

DoubleChecks

Re: Chance at H?

Postby DoubleChecks » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:21 pm

Verisimi wrote:Hey guys, I need a healthy dose of reality. 3.76/175 (first time score), what is my realistic chance at HLS? For the seeming minority of TLS who thinks that more than numbers matter - in undergrad, top public, strong upward grade trend, average everything else. I've already looked at LSN, Law School Predictor, and hourumd.

Thanks

w/ those numbers...and pretty much avg everything, smells like a possible in/more likely WL to me...but iunno why our comments should/could/would vary at all from LSP's (50%).

Verisimi

Postby Verisimi » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:35 pm

I guess along the lines of yes it is does seem to be about 50%, but is my set of circumstances enough to warrant consideration for that 50%? In my experience people can be too optimistic and TLS can be too pessimistic. I guess I'm just looking for a reason to not be crushed if I don't get it.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:40 pm

WL

paratactical

Postby paratactical » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:40 pm

Verisimi wrote:I guess along the lines of yes it is does seem to be about 50%, but is my set of circumstances enough to warrant consideration for that 50%? In my experience people can be too optimistic and TLS can be too pessimistic. I guess I'm just looking for a reason to not be crushed if I don't get it.

If you're just coming straight from UG that isn't HYP and you haven't done anything particularly extraordinary and haven't written any spectacular statements about something that is really, truly unique, it's going to be a bit of a coin flip based on what other people's applications look like and what numbers they need to put their numbers where they want them. There's no reason for you to be crushed. You've got a good GPA and a great LSAT and you can't just cure cancer to get into law school. You will be accepted to a good school and have good opportunites. Hope for the H-bomb, but don't get defeatist if you don't get it.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:43 pm

It's too close to call, but it's certainly worth the app fee. Put your best foot forward and hope for the best.

Return to “What are my chances?”