how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby 2014 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:42 am

You are basically trying to convince us and yourself that NDT is going to pave your path with gold. Sorry it won't.

Yeah it looks a little better than your standard extracurricular, but you are on a forum full of people who have busted their ass at about everything they do, and if you think your effort is that much greater than everyone else's, you are wrong.

Be proud of your accomplishment because it is something that you worked hard to do and you were good at. Who cares what this forum or law schools think?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:50 am

capitalacq wrote:
t13plz wrote:assuming i've been in very late elims of the NDT, and it seems like there has been a long legacy of hys attending NDT winners (even a commencement speaker for H) , how significant of a soft is this (in a vacuum)?

I understand establishing a scale is difficult, so compare it to known softs, like a rhodes, a marshall or a quantitative scale based on GPA.


on par with being president of a club, less than .1 GPA.


That's being overly generous. Technically it could be .09 boost in your GPA which in my book is pretty significant. 3.9 vs 3.99?

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:51 am

2014 wrote:You are basically trying to convince us and yourself that NDT is going to pave your path with gold. Sorry it won't.

Yeah it looks a little better than your standard extracurricular, but you are on a forum full of people who have busted their ass at about everything they do, and if you think your effort is that much greater than everyone else's, you are wrong.

Be proud of your accomplishment because it is something that you worked hard to do and you were good at. Who cares what this forum or law schools think?


You're right. Initially, I wasn't trying to convince people, but it seems like people kept making conjectures about things they didn't understand. That seems like a very small small thing to do.
Last edited by t13plz on Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby $1.99 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:52 am

stop using the term touche.

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:53 am

$1.99 wrote:stop using the term touche.


I already stopped (see above).

User avatar
Pleasye
Posts: 7967
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Pleasye » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:17 am

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby St.Remy » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:07 am

LSpleaseee wrote:--ImageRemoved--


+1

OP has been informed that NDT will probably mean nothing at all, and yet continues to make posts about how much work it is, etc. which no one cares about in the slightest. NDT is not a game-changing soft, and so reasonable school acceptance estimates will be unaffected by it.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:13 am

It reminds me of this thread:

"So my negotiations partner and I made it through a few rounds of the competition. We lost last night in the quarter-finals. Alot of people have told me having negotiations on my resume and making it to the quarter-finals is pretty sweet.

However, I can't help but take the "second place is first loser" mentality -- and this isn't even second place. Maybe it is just the immediate aftermath bothering me, but is quarter-finals too far low to impress law firms, or is it something that would look good on a resume?"

This guy thought he was awesome too, and kept arguing when he got the typical responses. It's in their nature I guess.

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:15 am

St.Remy wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:--ImageRemoved--


+1

OP has been informed that NDT will probably mean nothing at all, and yet continues to make posts about how much work it is, etc. which no one cares about in the slightest. NDT is not a game-changing soft, and so reasonable school acceptance estimates will be unaffected by it.


Alright, genius, adcom guru. Seriously, can you explain to me why you would +1 a post about mj eating popcorn?

You clearly don't know what the NDT is, or entails, so why are you commenting? I can see your thought process clearly: i don't know what the NDT is, so its not a game changing soft. thank you for that. it's probably unreasonable for anyone to assume that i could've deduced that on my own.

I was hoping for someone who possibly has a similar background, and has gone through the application process, not a bunch of random tls megaposter 0ls.
Last edited by t13plz on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:18 am

Mike12188 wrote:It reminds me of this thread:

"So my negotiations partner and I made it through a few rounds of the competition. We lost last night in the quarter-finals. Alot of people have told me having negotiations on my resume and making it to the quarter-finals is pretty sweet.

However, I can't help but take the "second place is first loser" mentality -- and this isn't even second place. Maybe it is just the immediate aftermath bothering me, but is quarter-finals too far low to impress law firms, or is it something that would look good on a resume?"

This guy thought he was awesome too, and kept arguing when he got the typical responses. It's in their nature I guess.



why are you comparing me to someone who thinks that alot is a word? who is their?

this is seriously futile. you don't know what you're talking about. so why do it? do you want to chime in, just to chime in? if you can tell me what a topicality kritik is, then go ahead and explain to me how meaningful the NDT is. explain to me what the adcom will think of the NDT as a soft factor, because, you know, you know exactly what the adcom thinks.

I never said I didn't win the NDT. I said I was in late elims which typically means quarters or later. For all you know I am the greatest division one debater of all time.

sincerely, i had hoped that the only people who would respond were people that actually knew what the NDT was. I thought that I could gain some sort of perspective into their cycles (people who did college policy debate and won).

The first suggestion was probably the best: to contact people individually who have this particular soft. That's what I'll do.

dude, this thread was a fail. So, seriously please don't post anymore. no one cares including the OP.
Last edited by t13plz on Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:24 am

t13plz wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:It reminds me of this thread:

"So my negotiations partner and I made it through a few rounds of the competition. We lost last night in the quarter-finals. Alot of people have told me having negotiations on my resume and making it to the quarter-finals is pretty sweet.

However, I can't help but take the "second place is first loser" mentality -- and this isn't even second place. Maybe it is just the immediate aftermath bothering me, but is quarter-finals too far low to impress law firms, or is it something that would look good on a resume?"

This guy thought he was awesome too, and kept arguing when he got the typical responses. It's in their nature I guess.



why are you comparing me to someone who thinks that alot is a word.


And he made it through "late outrounds" as well. He had the same arguments as you too, as to why it should give him a boost even though everyone gave the same responses as those in this thread. Im sure it was an accomplishment and may help in other aspects of life, but I doubt it will help you with admissions (Unless of course they are choosing between you and another candidate who are identical and every other aspect)

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:27 am

t13plz wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:It reminds me of this thread:

"So my negotiations partner and I made it through a few rounds of the competition. We lost last night in the quarter-finals. Alot of people have told me having negotiations on my resume and making it to the quarter-finals is pretty sweet.

However, I can't help but take the "second place is first loser" mentality -- and this isn't even second place. Maybe it is just the immediate aftermath bothering me, but is quarter-finals too far low to impress law firms, or is it something that would look good on a resume?"

This guy thought he was awesome too, and kept arguing when he got the typical responses. It's in their nature I guess.



why are you comparing me to someone who thinks that alot is a word? who is their?

this is seriously futile. you don't know what you're talking about. so why do it?


Lololol you edited to include an attitude. Oh man. This thread is full of win from you.

Also, softs are meaningless when you don't have an LSAT score, you should prob work on getting one of those first.

Curry

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Curry » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:34 am

Image

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:37 am

Mike12188 wrote:
t13plz wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:It reminds me of this thread:

"So my negotiations partner and I made it through a few rounds of the competition. We lost last night in the quarter-finals. Alot of people have told me having negotiations on my resume and making it to the quarter-finals is pretty sweet.

However, I can't help but take the "second place is first loser" mentality -- and this isn't even second place. Maybe it is just the immediate aftermath bothering me, but is quarter-finals too far low to impress law firms, or is it something that would look good on a resume?"

This guy thought he was awesome too, and kept arguing when he got the typical responses. It's in their nature I guess.



why are you comparing me to someone who thinks that alot is a word? who is their?

this is seriously futile. you don't know what you're talking about. so why do it?


Lololol you edited to include an attitude. Oh man. This thread is full of win from you.

Also, softs are meaningless when you don't have an LSAT score, you should prob work on getting one of those first.



got one bro

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:38 am

Mike12188 wrote:
t13plz wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:It reminds me of this thread:

"So my negotiations partner and I made it through a few rounds of the competition. We lost last night in the quarter-finals. Alot of people have told me having negotiations on my resume and making it to the quarter-finals is pretty sweet.

However, I can't help but take the "second place is first loser" mentality -- and this isn't even second place. Maybe it is just the immediate aftermath bothering me, but is quarter-finals too far low to impress law firms, or is it something that would look good on a resume?"

This guy thought he was awesome too, and kept arguing when he got the typical responses. It's in their nature I guess.



why are you comparing me to someone who thinks that alot is a word.


And he made it through "late outrounds" as well. He had the same arguments as you too, as to why it should give him a boost even though everyone gave the same responses as those in this thread. Im sure it was an accomplishment and may help in other aspects of life, but I doubt it will help you with admissions (Unless of course they are choosing between you and another candidate who are identical and every other aspect)


late outrounds of what? (that was my point)

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Ragged » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:39 am

Apply. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't. If you are here just to hear some words of encouragement because you feel insecure about your low stats you came to the wrong place. HTH

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:40 am

t13plz wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:
t13plz wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:It reminds me of this thread:

"So my negotiations partner and I made it through a few rounds of the competition. We lost last night in the quarter-finals. Alot of people have told me having negotiations on my resume and making it to the quarter-finals is pretty sweet.

However, I can't help but take the "second place is first loser" mentality -- and this isn't even second place. Maybe it is just the immediate aftermath bothering me, but is quarter-finals too far low to impress law firms, or is it something that would look good on a resume?"

This guy thought he was awesome too, and kept arguing when he got the typical responses. It's in their nature I guess.



why are you comparing me to someone who thinks that alot is a word? who is their?

this is seriously futile. you don't know what you're talking about. so why do it?


Lololol you edited to include an attitude. Oh man. This thread is full of win from you.

Also, softs are meaningless when you don't have an LSAT score, you should prob work on getting one of those first.



got one bro


Well keep working on that retake instead of arguing this stupid shit

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:42 am

youre probably right. point noted.

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:42 am

Ragged wrote:Apply. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't. If you are here just to hear some words of encouragement because you feel insecure about your low stats you came to the wrong place. HTH

TITCR

Curry

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Curry » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:43 am

Mike12188 wrote:
Ragged wrote:Apply. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't. If you are here just to hear some words of encouragement because you feel insecure about your low stats you came to the wrong place. HTH

TITCR


+1

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:44 am

Mike12188 wrote:
Ragged wrote:Apply. If you get in you get in, if you don't you don't. If you are here just to hear some words of encouragement because you feel insecure about your low stats you came to the wrong place. HTH

TITCR


+2

User avatar
Mike12188
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:07 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Mike12188 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 6:56 am

t13plz wrote:

why are you comparing me to someone who thinks that alot is a word? who is their?

this is seriously futile. you don't know what you're talking about. so why do it? do you want to chime in, just to chime in? if you can tell me what a topicality kritik is, then go ahead and explain to me how meaningful the NDT is. explain to me what the adcom will think of the NDT as a soft factor, because, you know, you know exactly what the adcom thinks.

I never said I didn't win the NDT. I said I was in late elims which typically means quarters or later. For all you know I am the greatest division one debater of all time.

sincerely, i had hoped that the only people who would respond were people that actually knew what the NDT was. I thought that I could gain some sort of perspective into their cycles (people who did college policy debate and won).

The first suggestion was probably the best: to contact people individually who have this particular soft. That's what I'll do.

dude, this thread was a fail. So, seriously please don't post anymore. no one cares including the OP.


You're still editing this same post? Geez. :roll:

Curry

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby Curry » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:08 am

>Greatest debater of all time
>Doesn't understand argument
>Loses debate
>Doesn't stop


lol wut

t13plz
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 am

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby t13plz » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:39 am

Mike12188 wrote:
t13plz wrote:

why are you comparing me to someone who thinks that alot is a word? who is their?

this is seriously futile. you don't know what you're talking about. so why do it? do you want to chime in, just to chime in? if you can tell me what a topicality kritik is, then go ahead and explain to me how meaningful the NDT is. explain to me what the adcom will think of the NDT as a soft factor, because, you know, you know exactly what the adcom thinks.

I never said I didn't win the NDT. I said I was in late elims which typically means quarters or later. For all you know I am the greatest division one debater of all time.

sincerely, i had hoped that the only people who would respond were people that actually knew what the NDT was. I thought that I could gain some sort of perspective into their cycles (people who did college policy debate and won).

The first suggestion was probably the best: to contact people individually who have this particular soft. That's what I'll do.

dude, this thread was a fail. So, seriously please don't post anymore. no one cares including the OP.


You're still editing this same post? Geez. :roll:


nah, that was way earlier, you just posted after the edit

curryinaninstant wrote:>Greatest debater of all time
>Doesn't understand argument
>Loses debate
>Doesn't stop


lol wut


bro, you got awesome analytical skills. thanks.

User avatar
IAFG
Posts: 6665
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: how much of a boost is late outrounds of the NDT

Postby IAFG » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:04 pm

2014 wrote:Yeah it looks a little better than your standard extracurricular, but you are on a forum full of people who have busted their ass at about everything they do, and if you think your effort is that much greater than everyone else's, you are wrong.

I have certainly not busted my ass at everything I do. I did, however, bust my ass at the LSAT, and lucky for me that is what matters. I didn't do a single extracurricular in UG, actually.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest