What is my chance of getting into Berkeley?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Xnegd

Re: What is my chance of getting into Berkeley?

Postby Xnegd » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:54 pm

mst wrote:Who knows dude? You already applied. You're obviously not a rule-out if a professor at the school contacted the dean personally for you, but again, who knows?. Just looking at your numbers this would be a rule out, but that's why they have personal statements. The bigger question is "Why can't he just wait a year and take the LSAT then?" Law school isn't a now or never thing. I don't understand how people can keep sending in LSAT addendum's when they only take the test once...

That's a fair point, for me it's because I'm already getting my MBA and know that if I wait a year, the amount of money I earn that year won't even begin to cover my loans and will thus have another years worth of interest to deal with while waiting. Plus, what place would hire me if I'm just gonna scram after a year to go to Law School. I have thought about doing it though, however if i can get in this year, I'm sure as hell gonna try with all my might. :-)

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:59 pm

Xnegd wrote:
mst wrote:Who knows dude? You already applied. You're obviously not a rule-out if a professor at the school contacted the dean personally for you, but again, who knows?. Just looking at your numbers this would be a rule out, but that's why they have personal statements. The bigger question is "Why can't he just wait a year and take the LSAT then?" Law school isn't a now or never thing. I don't understand how people can keep sending in LSAT addendum's when they only take the test once...

That's a fair point, for me it's because I'm already getting my MBA and know that if I wait a year, the amount of money I earn that year won't even begin to cover my loans and will thus have another years worth of interest to deal with while waiting. Plus, what place would hire me if I'm just gonna scram after a year to go to Law School. I have thought about doing it though, however if i can get in this year, I'm sure as hell gonna try with all my might. :-)

:shock: why did you do an MBA program if it will not get you a job that will pay enough to make your loan payment?

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:13 pm

It would if i wanted to go the pure business route; however, I'd much rather work in the Business Review Committee in a large firm, where an MBA will greatly increase my chances of attaining such a position.

I'm getting it to supplement my law degree.

irishman86

Postby irishman86 » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:36 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
irishman86 wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
broker02 wrote:How about a 3.91/161 with fairly good softs? Got the "under review" email this week.

Berkeley likes high GPAs but with that LSAT I would think you would need spectacular softs to get in.

Right. Berkeley's 25th LSAT is a 163 though, so a 161 isn't that low for Boalt.

His GPA is way too low as well.

No it's not. His GPA is above their 75th. Berkeley's Class of 2013 has a 75th GPA of 3.89...while the median is only a 3.8. (Berkeley's GPA and LSAT went down this year.)

http://www.law.berkeley.edu/37.htm

Return to “What are my chances?”