Chances... Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lanashif

New

Chances...

Post by lanashif » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm currently a senior in college. My GPA isn't amazing, it's maybe a 2.5-2.7. I have a 175 on my LSATs. I have pretty good extra curriculars including working in a law firm and being on my school's law society. I will be able to get good letters of recommendations. (On a side note, is there a particular subject I should get a letter from a teacher from?). I'm looking to get into law school around the Tri-State area. I don't care about prestige, I just want to get in.

Thanks.

kehoema2

Bronze

Re: Chances...

Post by kehoema2 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Not sure why you would only want to get in but if you truly have a 175 I don't think you will have a problem getting someone to bite.

lanashif

New

Post by lanashif » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:02 pm

You think so, even with my low GPA? If I can get in somewhere better that'd be great, but I'm just trying to be realistic.

The Gentleman

Silver

Post by The Gentleman » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:20 pm

lanashif wrote:You think so, even with my low GPA? If I can get in somewhere better that'd be great, but I'm just trying to be realistic.
Well what decent schools are in your tri-state area?

The sample size for applicants with >174 and <2.9 is really small. Your cycle will be completely unpredictable. But check out this set of users on LawSchoolNumbers. It should give you an idea of what's realistic.

http://search.lawschoolnumbers.com/user ... Cycle=0910

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:29 pm

The Gentleman wrote:The sample size for applicants with >174 and <2.9 is really small. Your cycle will be completely unpredictable.
+1, or at least very unpredictable.

OP, when you say "I have a 175 on my LSATs," do you mean on PTs or did you score 175 twice on test days?

Also, why the low gpa? Anything you can write an addendum over?

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:34 pm

Your LSAT will get your foot in the door (at the minimum) at many schools....having said that, I would blanket majority of the schools in the tri-state area (with the exception of Columbia and NYU without substantially softs or legit GPA addendum) and you are looking many acceptances with decent $$$ as well.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”