167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby FutureInLaw » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:31 pm

.
Last edited by FutureInLaw on Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:33 pm

None, but you can probably get into every school outside of the T14, Vandy, and UCLA.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:35 pm

im_blue wrote:None, but you can probably get into every school outside of the T14, Vandy, and UCLA.


with TFA and 4 years WE?

I think you have a shot at one of those places. Esp. NW.
But I think Vandy and UCLA are definitely good calls.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:36 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
im_blue wrote:None, but you can probably get into every school outside of the T14, Vandy, and UCLA.


with TFA and 4 years WE?

I think you have a shot at one of those places. Esp. NW.
But I think Vandy and UCLA are definitely good calls.

Meh 2,000 people do TFA every year, so it's not a soft that will get you past the numbers.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:37 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:Plus TFA, plus 4 yrs. WE.

Chances at...
Northwestern
Boalt
Georgetown
UCLA


Don't be surprise if you don't get into any of these, because you probably won't.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:38 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
im_blue wrote:None, but you can probably get into every school outside of the T14, Vandy, and UCLA.


with TFA and 4 years WE?

I think you have a shot at one of those places. Esp. NW.
But I think Vandy and UCLA are definitely good calls.


LSAT is pretty low for NW and GTown. GPA is low for Boalt.

FutureInLaw
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:28 pm

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby FutureInLaw » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:39 pm

Really? None? How is that being above 25th percentile for LSAT and GPA for all those schools?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:42 pm

FutureInLaw wrote:Really? None? How is that being above 25th percentile for LSAT and GPA for all those schools?


Well you should realize around 25% are URM admits and the ones who get in with numbers around 25% for GPA/LSAT are usually splitters who have at least one of LSAT/GPA well above median.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:45 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
FutureInLaw wrote:Really? None? How is that being above 25th percentile for LSAT and GPA for all those schools?


Well you should realize around 25% are URM admits and the ones who get in with numbers around 25% for GPA/LSAT are usually splitters who have at least one of LSAT/GPA well above median.


This. 25%tiles don't mean anything. It's the medians you should be concerned about. As a general rule, above both medians is in, below is out, and above one median and below the other you have a shot. How much of a shot depends on the individual school.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby mr_toad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:09 pm

So is "at median" counted as "above median" in the previous post? I ask also because many of the brief analyses do break it down into over/above. Not meant to be snarky, just very curious as my LSAT is "at median" at a lot of good schools, whereas GPA is below most T-14 medians.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:11 pm

mr_toad wrote:So is "at median" counted as "above median" in the previous post? I ask also because many of the brief analyses do break it down into over/above. Not meant to be snarky, just very curious as my LSAT is "at median" at a lot of good schools, whereas GPA is below most T-14 medians.


Worth the app. YMMV depending on what school it is and how low your GPA is.

User avatar
mr_toad
Posts: 669
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:08 am

Re: 167; 3.7 @ Ivy; Chances at...

Postby mr_toad » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Sure, my 3.7 is right at the cusp for several (Michigan, Northwestern, etc., or to be fair, Georgetown and directly on Cornell's new one). Was just curious. I'm ok with the black box anyway, my 14 apps are in and I have alternate plans if my favorites don't pan out. Good luck to everyone else!




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests