Chances? 163, 164 / 3.96

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
005618502
Posts: 2577
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Chances? 163, 164 / 3.96

Postby 005618502 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:08 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:
irishman86 wrote:I think OP has a decent shot at Boalt, depending on softs. She is above Boalt's 25th LSAT.

Boalt's current quartiles for the Class of 2013 are 163-167-170, 3.8 median.

Unfortunately, OP doesn't have much of a shot at Michigan, as its current quartiles for the Class of 2013 are 168-169-171, 3.74 median.

You never know though. I personally would not ED ITE. I'd ride it out and see how this cycle goes. You can always try again next year.


Oh no, this again, and worse yet, you say "decent" shot. It's common knowledge that the numbers at the 25th percentile are made up of URMs, war veterans, peace corp volunteers, and the like. OP is none of these things. She has no chance. To provide anecdotal evidence, I know two polisci majors from my undergrad (same major as OPs, from a similarly ranked, public institution). One had a 4.0, one a 3.9 something. One got a 167 on the LSAT, the other a 168. Both now go to GW on a $105,000 scholarship and were rejected from the entire T-14.


Dude goes to GULC of course hes a douche, wouldnt you be if you went to a school that was falling out of the T14?

A 4.0 with a 168 shoulg get MVPB with money no problem. They should also ED to CCN to see if they could pull off a miracle. But if your not getting MVPB with those numbers, you are a obviously a terrible writer and couldnt put together a semi-decent application


To be fair I don't see a 4.0/168 getting into UVA OOS without ED.



but they can get into NYU..... http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CaesarAugustus/jd

And as i posted in my last post, one person got the deans scholly with a 169 (still below UVA median)

DanInALionsDen
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Chances? 163, 164 / 3.96

Postby DanInALionsDen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:20 pm

AssumptionRequired wrote:Okay maybe not with money but...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Asterix/jd

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/itsirtou/jd

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/EigenvalueA/jd <-------1 more point and she got the deans scholly at UVA and money at Mich

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CaesarAugustus/jd <---- and this guy will definitely shut Mr. Douche up


As to Caeser Augustus - The fact that he got accepted to NYU with his numbers does nothing to shut me up. It indicates that he must have extraordinary softs. The OP doesn't.

User avatar
FuManChusco
Posts: 1217
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 8:56 pm

Re: Chances? 163, 164 / 3.96

Postby FuManChusco » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:31 pm

DanInALionsDen wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Okay maybe not with money but...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Asterix/jd

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/itsirtou/jd

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/EigenvalueA/jd <-------1 more point and she got the deans scholly at UVA and money at Mich

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CaesarAugustus/jd <---- and this guy will definitely shut Mr. Douche up


As to Caeser Augustus - The fact that he got accepted to NYU with his numbers does nothing to shut me up. It indicates that he must have extraordinary softs. The OP doesn't.


Haha, but your stupid anecdotal evidence is compelling though?

DanInALionsDen
Posts: 296
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:00 am

Re: Chances? 163, 164 / 3.96

Postby DanInALionsDen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 4:16 pm

FuManChusco wrote:
DanInALionsDen wrote:
AssumptionRequired wrote:Okay maybe not with money but...

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Asterix/jd

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/itsirtou/jd

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/EigenvalueA/jd <-------1 more point and she got the deans scholly at UVA and money at Mich

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/CaesarAugustus/jd <---- and this guy will definitely shut Mr. Douche up


As to Caeser Augustus - The fact that he got accepted to NYU with his numbers does nothing to shut me up. It indicates that he must have extraordinary softs. The OP doesn't.


Haha, but your stupid anecdotal evidence is compelling though?


That I called it anecdotal was a qualification.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: L'Avocat, roboyle and 1 guest