Planning for future/law school

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ghorig

Planning for future/law school

Postby ghorig » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:06 pm

Throughout my undergrad I was plagued with problems: severe illness, family, and to top it all off I pretty much hated my degree. I'll also completely own up to me just be lazy at times. This all resulted with me receiving a pretty mediocre 2.5/6 gpa. I'm fairly confident that I can get a 177+ (scored in the mid/high 160s on my initial evaluation) on the lsat and have been using http://www.lawschoolpredictor.com/wp-co ... ograms.htm as a guide...hopefully it's accurate. So assuming I get a 177+ with my craptastic gpa I could possibly get into some ok to decent schools.

My question(s) are what should I do to increase my chance of landing a top school? I'm starting my own non-profit organization in my spare time and I've read stuff like this can help admissions but I'm looking for some concrete advice. If I went back to school and got another undergrad degree would this gpa be the one used on my application or would it be a combination of the 2 undergrad degrees averaged out? Same question but what if I got a masters degree? Would it be worth it to just wait 2 years and pad my gpa with a bunch of worthless classes from the community college to bring me up to a 3.0?

I don't really have my heart set on any specific school or segment of law so I'm just looking for a way to open the most amount of doors in the least amount of time. Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

im_blue

Re: Planning for future/law school

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:17 pm

If you've already graduated, your GPA is set in stone. Your best bet is to get a 170+ and apply ED to Northwestern.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:22 pm

im_blue wrote:If you've already graduated, your GPA is set in stone. Your best bet is to get a 170+ and apply ED to Northwestern.

This. Study your tail off for the LSAT.

And don't bank on a 177+ until you see it in an email from LSAC.

TheOcho

Postby TheOcho » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:26 pm

im_blue wrote:

cinefile 17

Postby cinefile 17 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:27 pm

TheOcho wrote:
im_blue wrote:

Return to “What are my chances?”