Chances? 162 3.47

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
christmas mouse

Re: Chances? 162 3.47

Postby christmas mouse » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:26 pm

If ny and dc is where you are interested you should be looking at Fordham, Cardozo, Brooklyn. Fordham you would need a 166 retake to feel good, dozo you might be good but 164 would be nice, Brooklyn you r good. Do take note that every additional LSAT point will get you more scholarship from Brooklyn and dozo.
For dc I think 164 will get you George mason, I believe American is another option, and if you can hit 166 maybe George Washington.

My suggestion: Lsn is actually pretty good for figuring this out regardless of what some have posted about the skewed data. Oh and the prestige of your undergrad is not a factor. Yea a 3.5 from Norte dame is impressive, even more so than a 4.0 from suny, but in the law school rankings game a 4.0 trumps a 3.5. Blame us news

trayball23

Postby trayball23 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:33 pm

I am not trying to put myself above anyone because I went to ND. I doubt very much I could pull a 4.0 at any SUNY school so please don't take my putting the ND in there as if I smell my own farts and think its going to carry me into law school.

maxm2764

Postby maxm2764 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:38 pm

trayball23 wrote:NY and DC would be where I would take the Bar

You probably should retake then.

Those are both over-saturated markets with really good schools that you probably won't get into with your numbers as they are.

CGI Fridays

Postby CGI Fridays » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:39 pm

gz5hc9 wrote:best advice you'll ever get: don't read the forums on this website

Also, do as he says, not as he does.

trayball23

Postby trayball23 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:42 pm

retaking in dec jsut trying to get my apps out as soon as possible

czelede

Postby czelede » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:40 pm

trayball23 wrote:I take offense to the "reality that he can't outperform his numbers" statement. If this was the case I wudnt be retaking in a few weeks. I just don't want to waste money on apps. I asked just looking for advice not to try to make myself feel better... If I wanted to make myself feel better i would cheer for a better football team.... Unlike a lot of people who ask question on here I actually don't know the answers before I ask them. So i appreciate all the real advice given and would recommend a new flavor of hatoraide for the bashers.... criticism is appreciated but not snarky sarcasm

I wasn't referring to you, I was talking about gz5hc9...in response to your "good cop and bad cop" comment (obviously you weren't referring to yourself as one of these cops, right?). He's trolled TLS quite a lot complaining about how people get into schools beyond their numbers and etc etc and we're all just too dumb to see it.

Also, I think it's spelled hatorade :)

christmas mouse

Postby christmas mouse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:25 pm

trayball23 wrote:I am not trying to put myself above anyone because I went to ND. I doubt very much I could pull a 4.0 at any SUNY school so please don't take my putting the ND in there as if I smell my own farts and think its going to carry me into law school.

I wasn't trying to say you were. If I was to make any judgment I think you've been very forthright in everything you've said. This thread has been filled with a lot of conclusory statements with non factual analysis, so I just wanted to to clear up the issue of undergrad prestige.

For the DC NY markets:
Basically your gpa only keeps you out of these schools: Columbia and NYU
To have a chance at Georgetown or Cornell (and i literally mean a chance) you would need to at least break 172.
Fordham and GW a 167 would put you in a decent spot to possibly get accepted, no scholly.
American, Mason, Dozo, Brooklyn you already have a chance at these, but probly no scholly except for bk.

What it comes down to is what you are capable of scoring on your LSAT, the bottom of the t-14 is open if you can beast the lsat, and other t-30 schools are still open to you also if you can put yourself in the 95% lsat range (167-168 depending on the curve).

Based on your initial questions I cant think of any other info to give you. Do you have any other questions?

trayball23

Postby trayball23 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:30 pm

no that is very helpful... what sucks is i shud have beasted the lsat the first time my best section RC which i never miss more than 4 I missed 9 on and I had a bubble error on my last section which took 5 mins off my clock..... oh well excuses are like ND football.... they suck

czelede

Postby czelede » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:43 pm

Also, if NY and DC are where you want to be if you beat 170 in December consider Ed-ing to UVa.

Return to “What are my chances?”