159/3.0/Quarter URM/4 years national security WE

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ash8309

159/3.0/Quarter URM/4 years national security WE

Postby ash8309 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:26 pm

I know softs are just softs, but I am applying to public interest (national/global security) law program; have worked for the past 4 years at national security think tanks in Washington, D.C., have conducted research abroad in Vukovar, Croatia (on post-conflict environments) and studied intercultural communication in Denmark. I also worked nearly full-time throughout undergrad, and have a high major GPA (3.5) in comparison to gen-eds. I'm a quarter Mexican (Dad is half), and plan to address it in a DS.

Northwestern is one of my reaches...how far of a reach do you think it is? Any other T14 or T30 you think I should particuraly apply to?

FuManChusco

Re: 159/3.0/Quarter URM/4 years national security WE

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 pm

ash8309 wrote:I know softs are just softs, but I am applying to public interest (national/global security) law program; have worked for the past 4 years at national security think tanks in Washington, D.C., have conducted research abroad in Vukovar, Croatia (on post-conflict environments) and studied intercultural communication in Denmark. I also worked nearly full-time throughout undergrad, and have a high major GPA (3.5) in comparison to gen-eds. I'm a quarter Mexican (Dad is half), and plan to address it in a DS.

Northwestern is one of my reaches...how far of a reach do you think it is? Any other T14 or T30 you think I should particuraly apply to?

Senseless racial prefernece ftl. If you get NU or really anything in the T30 with a 159, I'm going to cry in a corner. Technically you are Mexican-American though. I would retake for a 160 and apply liberally. 3.0/160/URM might get UVA ED. I still think your LSAT is low for NU though.

Return to “What are my chances?”