3.42/173 - Where do/should I ED?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!

3.42/173 - Where do/should I ED?

Postby NewYorkPlease » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Decent work experience (State Senate, local Board of Elections, United States House Representative), good LoR's (professor, director of the Board, Congressman) and good personal statement (in 5th draft).

First off I want to practice law in NYC after school and I'm certainly interested in BigLaw (although I could do something else I guess). I don't have to live in the city, I'd like to live within a weekend driving/train/bus distance.

That being said the schools I'm most interested in, in order are:

I'll certainly also be applying to Michigan, Virginia, NU, and Duke - they just aren't as high on my priority list.

My first question is should I ED at all considering I'm probably going to be paying sticker price at NYU or UPenn? I definitely have parents who can help me but obviously the cost would be high. Is the extra job placement at NYU or UPenn really going to beat out Cornell or Georgetown with a small scholarship or BU with a decent scholarship (in the NYC market and otherwise)?

My next question is, would my ED be better used at NYU or UPenn at this point? I know LSP isn't the most accurate tool (and I have checked LSN) but it puts me at about 30% for NYU and 50% for UPenn so I'm leaning towards NYU but I'd like to hear some other informed opinions.

Sorry for the various questions, feel free to just answer a small part of this - I'm just looking for more opinions.
Last edited by NewYorkPlease on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: 3.42/173 - Where do/should I ED?

Postby czelede » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:18 pm

ED to NYU.

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:23 pm

I'd ED to NYU if you'd take NYU over Michigan with 45K, which is probably the best lower t14 offer you'd get.

Write a very good Why Penn? letter and you'll probably get in. Either way you'll get into many of Penn's peer schools so there isn't a huge benefit to EDing to Penn.

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:37 pm

ED to NYU, write all the optional essays for Penn

Return to “What are my chances?”