NU, WE question for admitted students

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Kabuo

NU, WE question for admitted students

Postby Kabuo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:29 am

I wasn't originally going to apply to NU, but I received a fee waiver from them. Now I think I might as well apply in case I get shut out of UM and UVA. My numbers aren't great (3.22/172), but they seem fine for NU if they don't hate me for my WE. They're big on WE obviously, but I was wondering if mine would count: I've worked 20 hours a week at Home Depot for 3 years, and not in any supervisory capacity.

It's a job I took during undergrad for its flexible hours, which I've kept since graduating in 2009 because my crappy liberal arts degree hasn't opened a whole lot of doors. Their TLS profile quotes them as saying they ideally prefer professional WE. Any students admitted with crappy WE like mine, or by "ideally" do they mean professional WE is the only kind that counts?

I know they like to ask about leadership and project management type stuff in their interviews, and I think I can adequately answer that based on my volunteer work (10 hours a week helping out with the local high school mock trial team). It isn't leadership with peers obviously, but it's something.

So, do I have a decent chance? Or am I going to be all but dq'd by working retail?

FuManChusco

Re: NU, WE question for admitted students

Postby FuManChusco » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:30 pm

IBDF.

Kabuo

Re: NU, WE question for admitted students

Postby Kabuo » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:35 pm

FuManChusco wrote:IBDF.

I don't know what this means. Bump.

Return to “What are my chances?”