"My international GPA doesn't matter." Please explain.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Trequartista

"My international GPA doesn't matter." Please explain.

Postby Trequartista » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:18 am

My GPA is current 3.7. I can push it to maybe 3.8 before I apply to law school next cycle. Is it worth the effort? With the same LSAT score wouldn't the latter GPA increase my chances of admission?

Also are law schools more likely to admit american students over international students with similar numbers because the International GPA doesn't contribute to the median? As an international student do I need an even higher score than would normally needed for admission into a particular law school?

whymeohgodno

Re: "My international GPA doesn't matter." Please explain.

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:20 am

nael wrote:My GPA is current 3.7. I can push it to maybe 3.8 before I apply to law school next cycle. Is it worth the effort? With the same LSAT score wouldn't the latter GPA increase my chances of admission?

Also are law schools more likely to admit american students over international students with similar numbers because the International GPA doesn't contribute to the median? As an international student do I need an even higher score than would normally needed for admission into a particular law school?

Yes.

4for44

Postby 4for44 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:25 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
nael wrote:My GPA is current 3.7. I can push it to maybe 3.8 before I apply to law school next cycle. Is it worth the effort? With the same LSAT score wouldn't the latter GPA increase my chances of admission?

Yes.

Well.. it all depends on the "numbers"- More likely to accept intl splitters, with LSATs above the 75%. Less likely to accept sub-median LSAT because you can't pull up the GPA median...

kazu

Postby kazu » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:08 am

Basically all that really matters is your LSAT. Think of it this way - whatever school you apply to your GPA will be judged as if it were the "median" for that school. It can't really help or harm you. Therefore your LSAT becomes even more important and really the only thing law schools care about.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:43 pm

Do you attend UG in the U.S./Canada or a foreign country? U.S./Canada GPAs are always counted, while foreign GPAs are not.

Return to “What are my chances?”