[removed]

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ohyouknow

[removed]

Postby ohyouknow » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:30 pm

Last edited by ohyouknow on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

sgtgrumbles

Re: 3.58/172 + 2 years WE; where should I apply?

Postby sgtgrumbles » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:50 pm

I don't think you have much of a chance at CCN. I'm the same except with a 174 and I'm crossing my fingers for NYU RD. Whether to apply RD or ED to one of MVP is a tougher choice. If you're willing to consider DNCG with some money, just do RD everywhere. You even have a shot at money from Michigan (http://michigan.lawschoolnumbers.com/ap ... ,8&type=jd). But if money is no issue and you want to lock in an acceptance, go with an ED at one of MVP.

mst

Postby mst » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:36 pm

Where you should apply:

Columbia, NYU, Chicago, Michigan, Virginia, Duke, Penn, Northwestern, Cornell, Georgetown.

Where I think you get in:

Columbia - NO
NYU - W/L without Early Decision
Chicago - W/L without Early Decision
Michigan - IN, with $
UVA - In
Duke - IDK, gpas a bit low. Write a why duke essay.
Penn - W/L
Northwestern - In, with $ maybe
Cornell - In with $
Georgetown - In

ohyouknow

Postby ohyouknow » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:37 pm

Thanks for your input! I might try ED at NYU when I apply next cycle....money isn't really an issue. I just know I'd love Michigan so its a really difficult choice, but I doubt I'd get in at NYU anyway so I'm not really risking much. Though, I do wonder how my incredibly public interest tailored resume will affect my chances...

FishOil

Postby FishOil » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:26 pm

doubt I'd get in at NYU anyway so I'm not really risking much.

^ it sounds like you might be disappointed if you happen to get in ED to NYU. It also sounds like you really like Michigan. If this is the case I wouldn't ED to NYU.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 pm

I have similar numbers and posted a few months back and got much more optimistic outlooks, but I have more WE than you do. You reasonable prospects at CCN RD, but none of them is a lock at 3.58/172.

Apply broadly because your GPA puts you in splitter territory for most T14s.

ohyouknow

Postby ohyouknow » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:05 pm

FishOil wrote:
doubt I'd get in at NYU anyway so I'm not really risking much.

^ it sounds like you might be disappointed if you happen to get in ED to NYU. It also sounds like you really like Michigan. If this is the case I wouldn't ED to NYU.

No, I wouldn't be dissapointed at NYU. I love NYC (can see myself settling there) and I want to do public interest so NYU would probably be a great fit interest-wise, and looking more into the future. However, personality-wise, I'm in love with Michigan.

Return to “What are my chances?”