DC law schools

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mchildr1

DC law schools

Postby mchildr1 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:16 pm

Just would like to know my chances for any of the DC Part time programs.

AA Male with an Engineering degree (3.0 gpa)
161 LSAT score
Worked full time all 4 years of college to finance school (Defense contractor/Resident Advisor)
Leadership roles on campus within multiple engineering societies
2010 West Point Systems engineering competition champion

Need to continue working full time so I am applying to the part time programs in the DC metro area. Thanks for the help in advance

FuManChusco

Re: DC law schools

Postby FuManChusco » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:38 pm

mchildr1 wrote:Just would like to know my chances for any of the DC Part time programs.

AA Male with an Engineering degree (3.0 gpa)
161 LSAT score
Worked full time all 4 years of college to finance school (Defense contractor/Resident Advisor)
Leadership roles on campus within multiple engineering societies
2010 West Point Systems engineering competition champion

Need to continue working full time so I am applying to the part time programs in the DC metro area. Thanks for the help in advance

If possible I would retake the LSAT if you think you can gain a few points. GTown and GW PT programs both seem out of reach, although your URM status may prove me wrong. Not sure you'd want to go to GM or American. I honestly have no idea though. It's not easy to guess about PT acceptances, nevermind for URMs.

mchildr1

Postby mchildr1 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:09 pm

Thank you for the response. There isn't much out there on PT program admissions but I would be perfectly happy attending GMU (where i did my undergrad), American or Catholic. I guess I was just hoping for a little reassurance about my chances with Gtown and GW as reach schools.

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:13 pm

ED UVA. Two people with your stats got in last cycle. If you're VA resident (presumably, if you did Mason UG) and an engineer, you've got a good shot.

nightman09

Postby nightman09 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:21 pm

I have similar stats (although, female, PR/AA and neuroscience). As a VA resident, do you think that I (/we) really have a shot at UVA FT or only PT?

Furthermore, OP have you thought about Howard?

rayiner

Postby rayiner » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:22 pm

nightman09 wrote:I have similar stats (although, female, PR/AA and neuroscience). As a VA resident, do you think that I (/we) really have a shot at UVA FT or only PT?

Furthermore, OP have you thought about Howard?

UVA doesn't have a PT program.

Two ~3.0/161 URMs got in last cycle, and a bunch got rejected. Engineering/science background + residency will really help.

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:30 pm

FuManChusco wrote:If possible I would retake the LSAT if you think you can gain a few points. GTown and GW PT programs both seem out of reach, although your URM status may prove me wrong. Not sure you'd want to go to GM or American. I honestly have no idea though. It's not easy to guess about PT acceptances, nevermind for URMs.

GM has a pretty good program actually, and it's super cheap (especially if you're a va resident). I would not pay to go to American.

nightman09

Postby nightman09 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:34 pm

UVA doesn't have a PT program.

Oops :?

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 pm

I think you'll get into GW PT or GULC PT.

mchildr1

Postby mchildr1 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:19 pm

GULC or GW pt would be amazing. Thank you all for the replies; it is definitely reassuring during the application process to know I am not COMPLETELY waisting my time haha. good luck to nightman09 as well!

Return to “What are my chances?”