Safe Schools?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ktaraq
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Safe Schools?

Postby ktaraq » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:11 pm

absent, cancel, cancel, 163 (including addendum)
gpa: 3.63
good work experience
great LORs (none however from a professor)
great PS (unique work history/experiences)

I'm having a hard time figuring out what are "safe" schools. I'm really looking only for schools in NJ/NY/PA/DC area. This is the list I have. Are they safe schools or should I be aiming lower? Any suggestions for others? Thanks!

Brooklyn Law -
University of Pittsburgh -
Villanova -
Pennsylvania State -
Seton Hall -
Temple -
Rutgers Camden -
Rutgers Newark -

ktaraq
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby ktaraq » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:24 pm

ktaraq wrote:absent, cancel, cancel, 163 (including addendum)
gpa: 3.63
good work experience
great LORs (none however from a professor)
great PS (unique work history/experiences)

I'm having a hard time figuring out what are "safe" schools. I'm really looking only for schools in NJ/NY/PA/DC area. This is the list I have. Are they safe schools or should I be aiming lower? Any suggestions for others? Thanks!

Brooklyn Law -
University of Pittsburgh -
Villanova -
Pennsylvania State -
Seton Hall -
Temple -
Rutgers Camden -
Rutgers Newark -


I guess what I really want to ask is do you think I should shoot lower should admissions be way more competitive this year?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby Grizz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Get an LOR from a professor. Most schools require one IIRC. Don't go to Brooklyn or Seton even if you do get in.

ktaraq
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:49 pm

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby ktaraq » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:30 pm

What is a IIRC?

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby im_blue » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:33 pm

ktaraq wrote:What is a IIRC?

if i recall correctly

User avatar
graham5353
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:41 pm

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby graham5353 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:36 pm

hey boss - why didn't you keep this in your other thread .. you know, the other one right near the top of the page.

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:41 pm

Why does everyone think that their ps and lor's are "great?"

dakatz
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:19 pm

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby dakatz » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:43 pm

Aqualibrium wrote:Why does everyone think that their ps and lor's are "great?"


I think its just special-snowflake syndrome. But its not just OP. Honestly, its our entire generation.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:45 pm

.
Last edited by HeavenWood on Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:48 pm

I've seen some truly great ones, so I'm not saying everyone is over selling. I just think it's ridiculous that every single person on this site thinks their ps and lor's are just fantastic. 80% of the time they look like the person sat with a thesaurus and changed every other word.

User avatar
ResolutePear
Posts: 8614
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: Safe Schools?

Postby ResolutePear » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:48 pm

dakatz wrote:
Aqualibrium wrote:Why does everyone think that their ps and lor's are "great?"


I think its just special-snowflake syndrome. But its not just OP. Honestly, its our entire generation.

--ImageRemoved--




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests