Turning down interview at Northwestern -Worth Even applying?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dddeanUNC

Turning down interview at Northwestern -Worth Even applying?

Postby dddeanUNC » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:55 am

I live a 5+ hour flight from the nearest interview location (Beijing), no desire or plans to make that trip to interview at a school that is no better than a coin-flip for me anyway (3.7, 166/171).

Pretty sure turning down the interview will take me from "coin-flip" to "no chance," is this even worth the $12 report fee (I did get a fee waiver)?

etlien

Re: Turning down interview at Northwestern -Worth Even applying?

Postby etlien » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:40 am

dddeanUNC wrote:I live a 5+ hour flight from the nearest interview location (Beijing), no desire or plans to make that trip to interview at a school that is no better than a coin-flip for me anyway (3.7, 166/171).

Pretty sure turning down the interview will take me from "coin-flip" to "no chance," is this even worth the $12 report fee (I did get a fee waiver)?

171/3.7 should be better than coin flip? Ask for a skype interview? They originally offered me a skype interview, but i said i wanted a face to face in HK, so they arranged it for me.

BTW, where are you that the nearest interview location is Beijing? Only Siberia comes to mind...

dddeanUNC

Postby dddeanUNC » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:58 am

Sorry, I exaggerated a bit (should've known better than to do that on a forum for future lawyers). I live in SW China, which is more like 3.5 hours to Beijing and probably 2.5 to Hong Kong.

How did you get the offer of the Skype interview? The website seems to indicate those are only available for LLM applicants.

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:08 am

dddeanUNC wrote:Sorry, I exaggerated a bit (should've known better than to do that on a forum for future lawyers). I live in SW China, which is more like 3.5 hours to Beijing and probably 2.5 to Hong Kong.

How did you get the offer of the Skype interview? The website seems to indicate those are only available for LLM applicants.

That's because they are over-generalizing that foreign students will be LLM students. I'd call and ask for one; they do not expect you to fly 3.5hrs for the interview.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:04 am

Depends...do you have WE?

etlien

Postby etlien » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:45 pm

dddeanUNC wrote:Sorry, I exaggerated a bit (should've known better than to do that on a forum for future lawyers). I live in SW China, which is more like 3.5 hours to Beijing and probably 2.5 to Hong Kong.

I put in a request for a HK interview and they just emailed me out of the blue offering to skype interview. I am not sure what their policy is with Skype interview as I thought it was only for LLM applicants too. I guess they had extra openings. They actually offered me a whole week in terms of doable days. Just email them and ask, can't hurt.

If you were asking me if I have WE...I've been working for just over six months now, so i'd have just over a yrs worth of experience by matriculation.

Return to “What are my chances?”