Should I apply or re-take or both ???

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
lily1221

Should I apply or re-take or both ???

Postby lily1221 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:03 pm

Please someone out there ....help ... I need some advice....

I want to apply this cycle, I previously applied about 3 years ago and got on wait lists for about 5 out of 7 schools and rejected from 2. But then I never hear from the wait lists....I did apply late in the cycle though.

I basically suck at standardized tests and have serious anxiety during test. The first time I took the LSAT i got a 139 (totally unprepared and nervous) but that was back in 2005 so I don't think it really counts anymore.

I re-took in October and scored a 146 ...I know still sucks...I was scoring a steady 153/154 on practice tests. MY GPA is 3.2.

What do you think my chances are? I have worked as a paralegal for about 4 years since graduating from undergrad and I am in my late 20's so I have been out of school for a while. I have a highly stressful family life, no kids or family of my own but have taken considerable care of older parents and aunts, uncles etc. I am also a minority, Latino.

Should I re-take in December??? I also have an ABSENT for December of last year --- my mom was sick and I had to take care of her. Please give me some advice!!!!

quetzal_bird

Re: Should I apply or re-take or both ???

Postby quetzal_bird » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:24 pm

my advice:

Take a look at lawschoolpredictor and see how things look with the numbers you have now. You will not be accepted to a ranked program. Look the unranked ones. Then, ask yourself if this is what you want.

Law school is stressful, and a career in law is stressful. Your family obligations will not disappear, I imagine, the day you are accepted somewhere. If you are so pressured and anxious going into the test day, you are looking at three miserable years. Moreover, if you are accepted somewhere, it will be with serious debt and job prospects from these schools are non-existent.

Basically, don't make a decision that is going to compound the stress you are experiencing now exponentially.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:49 pm

Retake. Retake. Retake. No offense but any school willing to take a 146 isn't worth going to.

/thread.

arvcondor

Postby arvcondor » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:14 am

I'm actually kind of interested in the subject of this thread. Is it unheard of to apply, take the Feb LSAT, and then apply a second time in the next cycle? Does it hurt your chances if you apply to schools you applied to the first time?

Return to “What are my chances?”