ED PT at American? 160, 3.4+ Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
mkw

New

ED PT at American? 160, 3.4+

Post by mkw » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:22 pm

I recently received my October LSAT and scored a 160. I was a little disappointed because I had been scoring 164+ (with a high of 167) on PTs leading into it. Anyway, I've read quite a bit of TLS and am not against re-taking it in June/October, upping my GPA over the next two semesters, and improving my resume. However, I am still going to take my shots at a few of the schools I am interested in this cycle (and would still be interested in with an improved LSAT score). With my 160 LSAT and 3.4+ GPA (I write "+" because I have a very good reason for writing an addendum on one semester in particular so I'm not 100% sure how they will view my GPA) I fall just below the medians of 161 and 3.48 for the PT program at American. In your experience would applying ED help to close the gap here or should I not bother? Thanks guys.

(FWIW, my applications are done and I'll apply ASAP.)

im_blue

Gold

Re: ED PT at American? 160, 3.4+

Post by im_blue » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:51 pm

You're a 3.4/160 regardless of any addendum. I wouldn't say don't bother applying, but realize your chances are very slim to none.

mkw

New

Post by mkw » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:35 pm

im_blue wrote:You're a 3.4/160 regardless of any addendum. I wouldn't say don't bother applying, but realize your chances are very slim to none.
Thanks for the response. I have the competitive application process in perspective so I'm not worried about a potential letdown. Worst case I come back next cycle with a stronger LSAT and improved GPA + resume. I will still apply now though because there really isn't any reason not to give it a shot since my applications are finalized (unless I'm missing something). Do you think ED vs. RD would play any role? Does ED in general help an applicant's chances? Thanks again, I appreciate it.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:56 pm

If American is your first choice and you would rather reapply next cycle than take money at a lower school, then go ahead and ED, which will help your chances.

mkw

New

Post by mkw » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:06 pm

im_blue wrote:If American is your first choice and you would rather reapply next cycle than take money at a lower school, then go ahead and ED, which will help your chances.
Nicely put, thanks again for the advice.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”