3.5/164, Temple and Tulane

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
arvcondor

3.5/164, Temple and Tulane

Postby arvcondor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Judging from LSN, I should be pretty safe at Temple, and I wanted to receive some assurance that this is the case. Tulane is a little more iffy.

Work as a journalist, got some good recs, including one from a fairly prominent Philly lawyer (it was glowing, not boilerplate).

Thanks for any help.

Aberzombie1892

Re: 3.5/164, Temple and Tulane

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:53 pm

As long as you sold yourself in you PS and why you wanted Tulane in the Why Tulane? essay, you should be looking at at least $25,000 a year contingent on a 3.0 (3.2-3.3 curve; i.e., you should be fine unless you are bottom 20%ish).

arvcondor

Postby arvcondor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:00 pm

Thanks. Any idea what kind of money I might be looking at with Temple?

arvcondor

Postby arvcondor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:58 pm

Oh, by the way: What were your numbers?

And nix the Temple question: I posted it before I noticed the giant Tulane insignia under your name.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:08 pm

arvcondor wrote:Judging from LSN, I should be pretty safe at Temple, and I wanted to receive some assurance that this is the case. Tulane is a little more iffy.

Work as a journalist, got some good recs, including one from a fairly prominent Philly lawyer (it was glowing, not boilerplate).

Thanks for any help.

Where do you want to work? Temple is among the better TTs, and places relatively well in Philly (but nowhere else, really), whereas I can't imagine Tulane having much reach outside Louisiana.

arvcondor

Postby arvcondor » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:53 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
arvcondor wrote:Judging from LSN, I should be pretty safe at Temple, and I wanted to receive some assurance that this is the case. Tulane is a little more iffy.

Thanks for any help.

Where do you want to work? Temple is among the better TTs, and places relatively well in Philly (but nowhere else, really), whereas I can't imagine Tulane having much reach outside Louisiana.

I'd love to work in Philly - I lived there for six years and want to go back. Tulane I heard has some unexpected placement in NYC and elsewhere. Plus, I could see myself falling in love with NOLA.

I saw in your other post about Temple that their LSAT range went up a bit. Should I still feel pretty safe about them?

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:55 pm

arvcondor wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:

Thanks for any help.

I'd love to work in Philly - I lived there for six years and want to go back. Tulane I heard has some unexpected placement in NYC and elsewhere. Plus, I could see myself falling in love with NOLA.

I saw in your other post about Temple that their LSAT range went up a bit. Should I still feel pretty safe about them?

You're at median GPA and above median LSAT. Temple isn't hyper-competitive in terms of admissions. You should be fine.

Aberzombie1892

Postby Aberzombie1892 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:03 pm

Tulane has pretty good reach outside LA. In fact, before the class of 2009, Tulane had about 28% remain instate. Even the class of 2009 had less than 40% instate.

Return to “What are my chances?”