3.9, *sigh* 155. help.

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gracieb

3.9, *sigh* 155. help.

Postby gracieb » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:31 am

So I had a 154, studied much harder (did very well on my practice tests, 165-169 range consistently) and then I received a 155. Maybe it's test anxiety? I have no idea. Anyway, I'm going to apply this cycle and see what happens. Also, I worked basically full time all through college as a website administrator, volunteered with Hospice and helped out with a member-run food co-operative. (As if these softs can somehow salvage my dreadful lsat)

Anyway, chance me

American PT/ ED (lol)
Lewis and Clark PT
U. Oregon
Willamette
Vermont
Temple PT
De Paul
Loyola Marymount (PT)
U. San Francisco
Chapman
Marquette
Suffolk

Think I can get in anywhere with my numbers? Are there any schools I should consider that I have not already with these numbers? Or will I be spending next year teaching yoga, trying desperately not to fail this LSAT for the 3rd time in a row?

whymeohgodno

Re: 3.9, *sigh* 155. help.

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:08 am

Retake.

gracieb

Postby gracieb » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:19 am

If I didn't do better the 2nd time, I doubt the 3rd will be the charm. Several of my family members have their own law firms, some rather large. Finding a job will not be an issue, I just need to get IN to a school. And with my numbers, I worry I will not.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:22 am

Well nepotism ftw.

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:33 am

Vermont, Willamette, and U San Francisco look like good options. U of Oregon and Lewis and Clark are possibilities.

gracieb

Postby gracieb » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:17 am

whymeohgodno wrote:Well nepotism ftw.

Basically. There are over 25 lawyers in my immediate family and 4 different law firms. What are the chances?

cinephile wrote:Vermont, Willamette, and U San Francisco look like good options. U of Oregon and Lewis and Clark are possibilities.

Thanks! I sure hope you are right haha

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:19 am

You should look into some activities to help you train to handle stress. If you perform 25% under your usual abilities in a test that you volunteered to take and one that you can repeat over and over again, you are going to do worse as a lawyer in situations where you only have 1 shot. Learn to perform at your normal levels, it will help you in your career too. You are going to be handling people's money and lives, I hate to have a lawyer that can't handle the pressure. There are many things that can help stress management, I think you can overcome that, get 10+ out the 20+ questions you get wrong all the time and get a 160. Then your option is that much better. Better schools for free.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:13 pm

It you're 100% sure nepotism can get you a job, just go wherever's cheapest. It doesn't matter.

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:10 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Well nepotism ft[mf]w.

sneakpreview

Postby sneakpreview » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:29 pm

I applied to a lot of the same schools as you.

Your best bet of acceptance is Willamette or Vermont. If you can re-take, do it.
Last edited by sneakpreview on Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FuManChusco

Postby FuManChusco » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:09 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:Retake.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:42 pm

FuManChusco wrote:

Don't waste such a beautiful GPA on such a shitty LSAT. Retake and get into T14.

ATR

Postby ATR » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:16 pm

3|ink wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:

Don't waste such a beautiful GPA on such a shitty LSAT. Retake and get into T14.

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:19 am

r6_philly wrote:You should look into some activities to help you train to handle stress. If you perform 25% under your usual abilities in a test that you volunteered to take and one that you can repeat over and over again, you are going to do worse as a lawyer in situations where you only have 1 shot. Learn to perform at your normal levels, it will help you in your career too. You are going to be handling people's money and lives, I hate to have a lawyer that can't handle the pressure. There are many things that can help stress management, I think you can overcome that, get 10+ out the 20+ questions you get wrong all the time and get a 160. Then your option is that much better. Better schools for free.

Calm down.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:55 am

holdencaulfield wrote:
r6_philly wrote:You should look into some activities to help you train to handle stress. If you perform 25% under your usual abilities in a test that you volunteered to take and one that you can repeat over and over again, you are going to do worse as a lawyer in situations where you only have 1 shot. Learn to perform at your normal levels, it will help you in your career too. You are going to be handling people's money and lives, I hate to have a lawyer that can't handle the pressure. There are many things that can help stress management, I think you can overcome that, get 10+ out the 20+ questions you get wrong all the time and get a 160. Then your option is that much better. Better schools for free.

Calm down.

Err thats my point.

Postby 09042014 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:58 am

r6_philly wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

Calm down.

Err thats my point.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:07 am

atresia wrote:
3|ink wrote:
FuManChusco wrote:

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:07 am

Desert Fox wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

Calm down.

Err thats my point.

lol

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:53 am

r6_philly wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

Calm down.

Err thats my point.

*sigh*...calm down as in don't read one short paragraph (with few details) and give bad advice such as this.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:30 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

Calm down.

Err thats my point.

*sigh*...calm down as in don't read one short paragraph (with few details) and give bad advice such as this.

You need to figure out when someone is making fun of you.

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:08 pm

r6_philly wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:

You need to figure out when someone is making fun of you.

I don't think you're getting it. You should look into some activities to help train you to communicate better. If you can't understand what I meant in my previous comment then you are going to do worse as a lawyer where you have situations where you have to understand what your clients are saying (and what they are not saying). Learn to communicate at normal levels, it will help you in your career too. You are going to be handling people's money and lives, I hate to have a lawyer that makes assumptions and doesn't make sure he has all the facts. There are many things that can help you communicate better. I think you can overcome your ridiculousness. Then your option is that much better. Better schools for free

...but seriously, your advice was ridiculous...and you suck. Do I really have to explain how you took one sentence and proceeded to pile inference upon inference (to borrow language from a 1L case I read two years ago) about someone's life?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:09 pm

holdencaulfield wrote:I don't think you're getting it. You should look into some activities to help train you to communicate better. If you can't understand what I meant in my previous comment then you are going to do worse as a lawyer where you have situations where you have to understand what your clients are saying (and what they are not saying). Learn to communicate at normal levels, it will help you in your career too. You are going to be handling people's money and lives, I hate to have a lawyer that makes assumptions and doesn't make sure he has all the facts. There are many things that can help you communicate better. I think you can overcome your ridiculousness. Then your option is that much better. Better schools for free...but seriously, your advice was ridiculous...and you suck.

Do I really have to explain how you took one sentence and proceeded to pile inference upon inference (to borrow language from a 1L case I read two years ago) about someone's life?

^ see above for good example.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Beef.

holdencaulfield

Postby holdencaulfield » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:21 pm

r6_philly wrote:
holdencaulfield wrote:I don't think you're getting it. You should look into some activities to help train you to communicate better. If you can't understand what I meant in my previous comment then you are going to do worse as a lawyer where you have situations where you have to understand what your clients are saying (and what they are not saying). Learn to communicate at normal levels, it will help you in your career too. You are going to be handling people's money and lives, I hate to have a lawyer that makes assumptions and doesn't make sure he has all the facts. There are many things that can help you communicate better. I think you can overcome your ridiculousness. Then your option is that much better. Better schools for free...but seriously, your advice was ridiculous...and you suck.

Do I really have to explain how you took one sentence and proceeded to pile inference upon inference (to borrow language from a 1L case I read two years ago) about someone's life?

^ see above for good example.

lol...that's the exact advice you gave OP with several words changed. I was trying to sarcastically make a point. I'm glad to see that you now agree with me.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:22 pm

kkklick wrote:Beef.

Medium rare please.

Return to “What are my chances?”