Chance for $? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
whymeohgodno

Gold

Re: Chance for $?

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:34 pm

sophia.olive wrote:where do you want to work homie?

I think you are in at most of those schools, the money will be minimal. Can you get in state in texas after the first year? That might be a consideration.
I'm on the east coast right now and would love to stay in NY.

I've never been to Texas or Tennessee or California. I don't really want to work at any of these places but if I got into UCLA/Vandy/UT I would go where I could find the best job prospects.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:47 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:

I think you are in at most of those schools, the money will be minimal. Can you get in state in texas after the first year? That might be a consideration.

I've never been to Texas or Tennessee or California. I don't really want to work at any of these places but if I got into UCLA/Vandy/UT I would go where I could find the best job prospects.
Austin is great and then houston is pretty good.

But I hate the west coast for some unknow reason. tennessee scares me. I think the job prospects in texas are pretty good. Cornell just scares me because you have the other 12 schools on top of you and fordham.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:48 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

But I hate the west coast for some unknow reason. tennessee scares me. I think the job prospects in texas are pretty good. Cornell just scares me because you have the other 12 schools on top of you and fordham.
This is the feeling I've been getting also. But I don't want to make a serious judgement since I haven't even been there.

ResolutePear

Platinum

Post by ResolutePear » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:50 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

This is the feeling I've been getting also. But I don't want to make a serious judgement since I haven't even been there.
Wasn't Vandy the school they beat some gay dude up for.. being gay?

Yeah, I don't want to make any judgments either.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:54 pm

Wasn't Vandy the school they beat some gay dude up for.. being gay?

Yeah, I don't want to make any judgments either.
I'm not gay but I'm Asian. I'm not sure how much better that is though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:56 pm

well ive been to all the places, but I have not been to tennessee for too long. I lived in texas and la for a while, and both are very laid back, but texas seems a little more sincere. I would shy away from dallas though......
You should just visit and see for yourself.

Houston has a gay mayor, and austin is as liberal as it gets, so portions of texas are not really what one would consider southern.

Texas has a lot of asians, a lot in houston.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:41 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:

When I visited my ex at Vandy, the campus didn't seem right wing, but it is consciously more moderate/conservative than most schools, with a very strong preppy feel (but the law school could be different). But I did dislike Nashville because of the city's whole quasi-country mentality. If you are considering Vandy and haven't been to Nashville, DEFINITELY visit before making any decisions.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:47 pm

When I visited my ex at Vandy, the campus didn't seem right wing, but it is consciously more moderate/conservative than most schools, with a very strong preppy feel (but the law school could be different). But I did dislike Nashville because of the city's whole quasi-country mentality. If you are considering Vandy and haven't been to Nashville, DEFINITELY visit before making any decisions.
Well won't I be primarily looking for jobs in the surrounding region? I don't lean either way (conservative or liberal) so that doesn't matter too much but I would like to work where there is high ethnic diversity.

Meh - I'm going to laugh when it turns out I'm rejected from all these schools anyways.

whymeohgodno

Gold

Post by whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:09 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:
Well won't I be primarily looking for jobs in the surrounding region? I don't lean either way (conservative or liberal) so that doesn't matter too much but I would like to work where there is high ethnic diversity.

Meh - I'm going to laugh when it turns out I'm rejected from all these schools anyways.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “What are my chances?”