Where should I be looking? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
YankeeintheSouth

New

Where should I be looking?

Post by YankeeintheSouth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 pm

So I have posted once before regarding my chances at specific school with my numbers, but I am curious to where you all think I should be looking. I am trying to make some life choices (whether to work for a couple years, study, and take again) etc. The more feedback the better.

Here are my numbers.

3.77 (LSAC GPA) at a T-20 Undergrad (that doesn't give A+s) - Cum Laude; 3.87 PoliSci Major;
weak freshman year hurt me (dabbled with Chinese, huge mistake), but GPA since then is a 3.88.

Down side...LSAT 163 (Was pting at 164-170), did not show up on game day.

-Good internships every year of college. One at a local law firm in my hometown, one in Congress.
-Good LoRs (Congressman + High Ranking University Official)

Maybe this is too much information, I am just trying to get an idea from people who seem to know their stuff.

Ideally I would like to be in a major city DC, NY, Boston, Atlanta, or Chicago

McDeere

New

Re: Where should I be looking?

Post by McDeere » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:46 am

YankeeintheSouth wrote:So I have posted once before regarding my chances at specific school with my numbers, but I am curious to where you all think I should be looking. I am trying to make some life choices (whether to work for a couple years, study, and take again) etc. The more feedback the better.

Here are my numbers.

3.77 (LSAC GPA) at a T-20 Undergrad (that doesn't give A+s) - Cum Laude; 3.87 PoliSci Major;
weak freshman year hurt me (dabbled with Chinese, huge mistake), but GPA since then is a 3.88.

Down side...LSAT 163 (Was pting at 164-170), did not show up on game day.

-Good internships every year of college. One at a local law firm in my hometown, one in Congress.
-Good LoRs (Congressman + High Ranking University Official)

Maybe this is too much information, I am just trying to get an idea from people who seem to know their stuff.

Ideally I would like to be in a major city DC, NY, Boston, Atlanta, or Chicago
This advice is given way too often, but you should retake the LSAT. With your GPA, scoring near the top of your pt will get you into a T14.

Grizz

Diamond

Re: Where should I be looking?

Post by Grizz » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:16 pm

You need to retake. These markets are competitive. Don't even bother applying without a retake.

Return to “What are my chances?”