Chances at UC Hastings/Davis - 171, 3.0

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Marionberry

Chances at UC Hastings/Davis - 171, 3.0

Postby Marionberry » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Numbers: 171, 3.0 (2.3 first four` years, 3.7 last two years)
Two years professional work experience.
Non-california resident.
Good softs, good LORs, solid PS.

I'm waiting on my EA decision from Texas before I pay the money to apply to these schools, but curious as to what my chances would be as a non-Californian. Basically, other than UT whatever school I choose is going to have to be one in an area where my fiancee can transfer her job. So, I'm casting a wide net so that when it comes time to choose we will have choices, and Northern California is a place we could definitely see ourselves living.

vegenator

Re: Chances at UC Hastings/Davis - 171, 3.0

Postby vegenator » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 pm

So, one thing that's really handy are the admissions profiles (charts of all applicants by LSAT/GPA ranges and their admission rates) of the schools posted on the LSAC official guide. A lot of schools have them. Very nice.

According to the charts, and I'm not sure which year this data is for (I'd imagine last cycle), Davis had 8 applicants in the 170-174 & 3.0-3.24 range and 4 were accepted. You can find that here:

http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... AC4834.pdf

Of the same candidate group, Hastings accepted 11/26. Found here:
http://officialguide.lsac.org/Release/S ... AC4342.pdf

As far as being non-Californian, I don't think it will have any significant impact. I went to Davis as a graduate student (I'm from the frigid Midwest) and I think about 3 of the 14 or so students in my program were originally from CA. NorCal in general is an excellent place to live, especially around Davis as COL is very reasonable when compared to other CA regions.

Marionberry

Re: Chances at UC Hastings/Davis - 171, 3.0

Postby Marionberry » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:07 pm

Cool, I just submitted my apps today. Thanks!

Return to “What are my chances?”