Reverse splitter chance me!

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
YankeeintheSouth
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Reverse splitter chance me!

Postby YankeeintheSouth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:37 am

3.76 non-ivy top 20 undergrad w/ honors.

163 Lsat

Good softs, good internship experience, great LoRs.

Shots a T-14 ED? T-25?

User avatar
St.Remy
Posts: 526
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:12 pm

Re: Reverse splitter chance me!

Postby St.Remy » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:43 am

YankeeintheSouth wrote:3.76 non-ivy top 20 undergrad w/ honors.

163 Lsat

Good softs, good internship experience, great LoRs.

Shots a T-14 ED? T-25?


Yay, I get to be the first one to say it: retake. T-25 probably out unless you increase that LSAT score, your "great" LORs not withstanding.

YankeeintheSouth
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Re: Reverse splitter chance me!

Postby YankeeintheSouth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:54 am

Thanks.

Did not mean to sound cocky on the "great" LORs. I was just hoping they would help.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Reverse splitter chance me!

Postby Grizz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:47 am

Agree with retake advice. Your GPA isn't high enough to Do normal revers splitter stuff like EDing to UVA.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Reverse splitter chance me!

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:53 am

Consider / Strong Consider from #17 Vandy on down to the TTToilet (Admit gets mixed in there).

If you write compelling statements, and your LoRs are as exceptional as you say they are, you might get nibbles from high teens-to-twenties.

Obviously retake is your BEST bet, but if that's out of the question, I say to hell with the TLS status quo and throw apps in to everything from Vandy down. Weak Consider seems to be statistically bad to rely on.

you are in a tricky spot, if your GPA was a tenth and a few hundredths higher, like Rad law said, you'd be in a nice ED-UVA range.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Reverse splitter chance me!

Postby Grizz » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:01 am

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Consider / Strong Consider from #17 Vandy on down to the TTToilet (Admit gets mixed in there).

If you write compelling statements, and your LoRs are as exceptional as you say they are, you might get nibbles from high teens-to-twenties.

Obviously retake is your BEST bet, but if that's out of the question, I say to hell with the TLS status quo and throw apps in to everything from Vandy down. Weak Consider seems to be statistically bad to rely on.

you are in a tricky spot, if your GPA was a tenth and a few hundredths higher, like Rad law said, you'd be in a nice ED-UVA range.


Vandy's definitely out. They're not taking a 163. Neither will the Midwest LSAT splitter schools, like WUSTL. Or schools like Emory or GW that want 166 and 167s LSP isn't that good. Great chance of not getting a single T25ish school. Please retake.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Reverse splitter chance me!

Postby HeavenWood » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm

rad law wrote:
Aggiegrad2011 wrote:Consider / Strong Consider from #17 Vandy on down to the TTToilet (Admit gets mixed in there).

If you write compelling statements, and your LoRs are as exceptional as you say they are, you might get nibbles from high teens-to-twenties.

Obviously retake is your BEST bet, but if that's out of the question, I say to hell with the TLS status quo and throw apps in to everything from Vandy down. Weak Consider seems to be statistically bad to rely on.

you are in a tricky spot, if your GPA was a tenth and a few hundredths higher, like Rad law said, you'd be in a nice ED-UVA range.


Vandy's definitely out. They're not taking a 163. Neither will the Midwest LSAT splitter schools, like WUSTL. Or schools like Emory or GW that want 166 and 167s LSP isn't that good. Great chance of not getting a single T25ish school. Please retake.


Vandy's median is up to 169, and there's a good chance it could increase again this year. I'm not Vanderbilt's biggest fan, but I have to give them credit for transforming their reputation (and selectivity standards) from solidy regional to semi-national.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest