AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
sophia.olive

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:42 am

oh? I had to much faith in you. I thought you could read what you wrote again and realize how stupid it was. That is why I quoted it.

Must I delineate why it is a good idea to go to a school with better job prospects and to get scholarships whether or not you are black or white.
Because if that is required....... You are an idiot. lol

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:43 am

oh and I thought you were not coming back.

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:43 am

sophia.olive wrote:I just dont want the boost he gets to make him settle and not get into the best school he can get into.

Ah, I see. So that's why you gave the advice of applying to UH over Texas. Makes perfect sense.

Since your avatar is the houston texas you must live in houston. so why not go to UH.

Why do you think you would get into texas when both of your numbers are below their 25%? Seriously answer this question. Tell me.

Sounds like you have OP's best interests at heart.

sophia.olive wrote:
I am trying to get op to take complete advantage of his situation.

Are you? For starters, how about you try to understand more about his situation. Perhaps you could ask... oh, I don't know, out of all schools why Texas?

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:51 am

cartercl wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:I just dont want the boost he gets to make him settle and not get into the best school he can get into.

Ah, I see. So that's why you gave the advice of applying to UH over Texas. Makes perfect sense.

Since your avatar is the houston texas you must live in houston. so why not go to UH.

Why do you think you would get into texas when both of your numbers are below their 25%? Seriously answer this question. Tell me.

Sounds like you have OP's best interests at heart.

sophia.olive wrote:
I am trying to get op to take complete advantage of his situation.

Are you? For starters, how about you try to understand more about his situation. Perhaps you could ask... oh, I don't know, out of all schools why Texas?
Ok I get it, If someone was a complete idiot they would not notice I was being sarcastic because of my resident question earlier?

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 am

Good night sophia. If anyone else has any good advice to give OP please do so.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:54 am

sophia.olive wrote:Because your avatar is a sports team it doesnt mean you are a resident of that state.

If you dont plan to retake dont plan to go to texas.

I was being a little confrontational, I admit.

But just because I want him to retake the lsat because he can get into a much better school or more money if he increased by a couple of points.

tough love

sorry I was mean :oops: :cry: :oops:

Nicholasnickynic

Postby Nicholasnickynic » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:59 am

Just because the best situation for you is graduating from LS with zero debt that doesn't mean that's what best for OP.

Well said. The best situation for OP is not graduating with zero debt. The best situation is not retaking the lsat and graduating with 150k debt.

/thread !

kk19131

Postby kk19131 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:13 am

The idea of spending the time and energy to retake just for 2 points is hilarious to me...

Marionberry

Postby Marionberry » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:31 am

Don't underestimate the AA male boost at UT texas. Someone with similar numbers (160, 3.2) got in last cycle according to LSN.

saito816

Postby saito816 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:01 pm

I just got in to University of Texas this cycle with only marginally better stats and without being a Texas Resident. I'm not sure if I'll be receiving any scholarships yet or not, but the voicemail delivering the acceptance said that they would be sending me scholarship info in the next couple weeks. So don't listen to the people who say it's not possible, because I believe you have a really good chance. I honestly don't think you need to retake, particularly if UT is your dream school. If, on the other hand, you want a top 6 then in that case the retake would make sense.

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 pm

saito816 wrote:I just got in to University of Texas this cycle with only marginally better stats and without being a Texas Resident. I'm not sure if I'll be receiving any scholarships yet or not, but the voicemail delivering the acceptance said that they would be sending me scholarship info in the next couple weeks. So don't listen to the people who say it's not possible, because I believe you have a really good chance. I honestly don't think you need to retake, particularly if UT is your dream school. If, on the other hand, you want a top 6 then in that case the retake would make sense.

It is not my dream school, but I can see myself attending depending on how other applications come back. Thanks for the insight. I missed the fee waiver deadline for them though. I will still apply and plan to get all of my apps in and final by December 15th, if not earlier.

reaisan

Postby reaisan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:20 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:Thanks for the input. I am still weary of having to wait until December to take the test again though. Your anger/passion is fairly convincing to be honest. I will take a few extra prep tests to see where I am right now. Thanks for taking some time to offer input.
Apply now, submit new score when you retake... RETAKE.

cartercl

Postby cartercl » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:06 pm

Nicholasnickynic wrote:
Just because the best situation for you is graduating from LS with zero debt that doesn't mean that's what best for OP.

Well said. The best situation for OP is not graduating with zero debt. The best situation is not retaking the lsat and graduating with 150k debt.

/thread !

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm saying. Great job.

ksimon2007

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:02 pm

reaisan wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:Thanks for the input. I am still weary of having to wait until December to take the test again though. Your anger/passion is fairly convincing to be honest. I will take a few extra prep tests to see where I am right now. Thanks for taking some time to offer input.

I understand the retake sentiment, but the 158 I score was about 2 points higher than I had been testing. There is simply a nervousness that I could very well score lower. I would like to attend GWU Law or Georgetown, but I am not against heading back to Texas for law school, namely SMU or UT. George Mason and American are also potential choices along with various other Virginia and Mid-Atlantic institutions.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:57 pm

ksimon2007 wrote:
reaisan wrote:

I understand the retake sentiment, but the 158 I score was about 2 points higher than I had been testing. There is simply a nervousness that I could very well score lower. I would like to attend GWU Law or Georgetown, but I am not against heading back to Texas for law school, namely SMU or UT. George Mason and American are also potential choices along with various other Virginia and Mid-Atlantic institutions.

Look, just go through with this cycle. See where you get in. If it's not what you want, perhaps consider retaking in June. I think you have a puncher's chance at UT to be honest. Someone stated the AA male boost earlier. It is a HUGE boost.

Return to “What are my chances?”