AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:55 am

.
Last edited by ksimon2007 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:32 am

any ideas?

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:36 am

No.

Are you a resident? Can you retake?

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:51 am

.
Last edited by ksimon2007 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby TT09 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:56 am

ksimon2007 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:No.

Are you a resident? Can you retake?


I am a resident. I don't plan to retake.


I guess the Houston Texans symbol didn't give it away, eh? :P

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:00 am

.
Last edited by ksimon2007 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TT09
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby TT09 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:02 am

ksimon2007 wrote:
TT09 wrote:
ksimon2007 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:No.

Are you a resident? Can you retake?


I am a resident. I don't plan to retake.


I guess the Houston Texans symbol didn't give it away, eh? :P


I would think so haha. I still want some prognostications! I understand not many have insights into ol' Texas, but I know we have some experts.


I would say it's possible that you get in, albeit I'm not sure how possible.
Last edited by TT09 on Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:10 am

Because your avatar is a sports team it doesnt mean you are a resident of that state.

If you dont plan to retake dont plan to go to texas.

Since your avatar is the houston texas you must live in houston. so why not go to UH.

Why do you think you would get into texas when both of your numbers are below their 25%? Seriously answer this question. Tell me.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 am

sophia.olive wrote:Because your avatar is a sports team it doesnt mean you are a resident of that state.

If you dont plan to retake dont plan to go to texas.

Since your avatar is the houston texas you must live in houston. so why not go to UH.

Why do you think you would get into texas when both of your numbers are below their 25%? Seriously answer this question. Tell me.

URM?

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:24 am

.
Last edited by ksimon2007 on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:24 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:Because your avatar is a sports team it doesnt mean you are a resident of that state.

If you dont plan to retake dont plan to go to texas.

Since your avatar is the houston texas you must live in houston. so why not go to UH.

Why do you think you would get into texas when both of your numbers are below their 25%? Seriously answer this question. Tell me.

URM?


I was being an ass........

It just blows my mind that some one is below both 25%s and has the opportunity to retake a test so they are not. And instead, they dont "plan" to take the test and instead will just rely on being black. I dont have a problem with a urm boost, I think we need it because, guess what, the united states has a bunch of different people and we are run by a limited demographic, not to mention hundreds of years of oppression. ...................but this op bothers me.

If I was an adcomm and I saw some one with an 158 lsat and it was below my schools 25% and another guy with a 152,153,157. I would take the latter in a heartbeat

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:26 am

sophia.olive wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:Because your avatar is a sports team it doesnt mean you are a resident of that state.

If you dont plan to retake dont plan to go to texas.

Since your avatar is the houston texas you must live in houston. so why not go to UH.

Why do you think you would get into texas when both of your numbers are below their 25%? Seriously answer this question. Tell me.

URM?


I was being an ass........

It just blows my mind that some one is below both 25%s and has the opportunity to retake a test so they are not. And instead, they dont "plan" to take the test and instead will just rely on being black. I dont have a problem with a urm boost, I think we need it because, guess what, the united states has a bunch of different people and we are run by a limited demographic, not to mention hundreds of years of oppression. ...................but this op bothers me.

If I was an adcomm and I saw some one with an 158 lsat and it was below my schools 25% and another guy with a 152,153,157. I would take the latter in a heartbeat

Good thing you aren't an adcomm.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 am

whymeohgodno wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:Because your avatar is a sports team it doesnt mean you are a resident of that state.

If you dont plan to retake dont plan to go to texas.

Since your avatar is the houston texas you must live in houston. so why not go to UH.

Why do you think you would get into texas when both of your numbers are below their 25%? Seriously answer this question. Tell me.

URM?


I was being an ass........

It just blows my mind that some one is below both 25%s and has the opportunity to retake a test so they are not. And instead, they dont "plan" to take the test and instead will just rely on being black. I dont have a problem with a urm boost, I think we need it because, guess what, the united states has a bunch of different people and we are run by a limited demographic, not to mention hundreds of years of oppression. ...................but this op bothers me.

If I was an adcomm and I saw some one with an 158 lsat and it was below my schools 25% and another guy with a 152,153,157. I would take the latter in a heartbeat

Good thing you aren't an adcomm.

Yeah Probably :P

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:56 am

If you go to law school, your life will be much better if you retake the lsat. That is all there is to it.

1. law schools are popping up everywhere.
2. transactional work is getting out sourced to india
3. more and more people are going to law school.
4. more and more people are becoming lawyers with less and less jobs.
.....
..

If you are going to jump into this at least go to a good school. It should be the most important thing to you right know. And the best way to realize this is to retake.

1. If you can get a 170+ you have a good shot at Harvard/Stanford and t14 for free.
2. If you can get 165+ you have a good shot at NYU with money or a little lower for free.
5-10 more correct questions on the test will a) actually get you a job after school b) allow you to go to school for free.

It doesnt matter if you have to take a year off or two. If it allows you to get 5 more points on the lsat it will be worth it whether it is a school you can actually get a job with or a hundred thousand dollars in scholarships.



*If you are filthy rich and have connections at a law firm which will hire you if you just have a degree then disregard this.
Last edited by sophia.olive on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:59 am

sophia.olive wrote:If you go to law school, your life will be much better if you retake the lsat. That is all there is to it.

1. law schools are popping up everywhere.
2. transactional work is getting out sourced to india
3. more and more people are going to law school.
4. more and more people are becoming lawyers with less and less jobs.
.....
..

If you are going to jump into this at least go to a good school. It should be the most important thing to you right know. And the best way to realize this is to retake.

1. If you can get a 170+ you have a good shot at Harvard/Stanford and t14 for free.
2. If you can get 165+ you have a good shot at NYU with money or a little lower for free.
5-10 more correct questions on the test will a) actually get you a job after school b) allow you to go to school for free.


*If you are filthy rich and have connections at a law firm which will hire you if you just have a degree then disregard this.


Thanks for the input. I am still weary of having to wait until December to take the test again though. Your anger/passion is fairly convincing to be honest. I will take a few extra prep tests to see where I am right now. Thanks for taking some time to offer input.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:07 am

ksimon2007 wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:If you go to law school, your life will be much better if you retake the lsat. That is all there is to it.

1. law schools are popping up everywhere.
2. transactional work is getting out sourced to india
3. more and more people are going to law school.
4. more and more people are becoming lawyers with less and less jobs.
.....
..

If you are going to jump into this at least go to a good school. It should be the most important thing to you right know. And the best way to realize this is to retake.

1. If you can get a 170+ you have a good shot at Harvard/Stanford and t14 for free.
2. If you can get 165+ you have a good shot at NYU with money or a little lower for free.
5-10 more correct questions on the test will a) actually get you a job after school b) allow you to go to school for free.


*If you are filthy rich and have connections at a law firm which will hire you if you just have a degree then disregard this.


Thanks for the input. I am still weary of having to wait until December to take the test again though. Your anger/passion is fairly convincing to be honest. I will take a few extra prep tests to see where I am right now. Thanks for taking some time to offer input.


You are not understanding. December doesnt matter, this cycle doesnt matter. What matters is not going to a crappy law school with 150 thousand in debt and no job!! this will ruin your life.
Dont take a couple of prep testand seewhere you are. Study for at least 3 months 3 hours a day or so. Use the powerscore bibles andtake every prior test you can get your hands on. Law school is for the most part a stupid choice considering the state of the feild now. It is popular because people romanticize it and still think it is like it was 5-10 years ago. Law schools still pop up and get filled because people dont know what is going on and will still pay 40 thousand a year to go. That is called supply and demand. The only way you can mitigate this stupid choice is to go to the best school possible.


In a couple of years you will simple regret not listening to me, or you will thank me.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:14 am

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/billyez/jd (AA Male/3.02/160)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/BeanieBean/jd AA Male/3.11/161)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/VADouble757/jd (AA Male/3.2/160)


You can probably go to UVA for free if you get 5-10 more points on your lsat and apply next cycle.

ksimon2007
Posts: 532
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:23 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby ksimon2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 am

sophia.olive wrote:http://lawschoolnumbers.com/billyez/jd (AA Male/3.02/160)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/BeanieBean/jd AA Male/3.11/161)

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/VADouble757/jd (AA Male/3.2/160)


You can probably go to UVA for free if you get 5-10 more points on your lsat and apply next cycle.


Thanks.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:20 am

Also look at this guy.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=135347
His gpa is lower but his lsat is very high because he retook.
He will probably be at Harvard/stanford or t14 for free next year.

With your gpa and an lsat with in ten points of his you will probably be looking at the same prospects.

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby cartercl » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:39 am

Apply to Texas. There was a guy on here who was told that he wouldn't get T-14 last cycle, and yet he got into UVA (ED) this cycle with a 158 LSAT. Turns out there are many more like him... Just apply. You don't have to go to Harvard, Yale, Stanford etc... I don't think anyone is gonna look down their nose at you if you got into Texas.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:50 am

cartercl wrote:Apply to Texas. There was a guy on here who was told that he wouldn't get T-14 last cycle, and yet he got into UVA (ED) this cycle with a 158 LSAT. Turns out there are many more like him... Just apply. You don't have to go to Harvard, Yale, Stanford etc... I don't think anyone is gonna look down their nose at you if you got into Texas.

Don't listen to this guy. It is not about noses :roll: . It is about saving 150 thousand dollars and having a job after school.

What was 158's gpa? softs? excactly how many others are there? How much money is he paying for school? How was his OCI? What kind of scholarships did he get?

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby cartercl » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:05 am

sophia.olive wrote:
cartercl wrote:Apply to Texas. There was a guy on here who was told that he wouldn't get T-14 last cycle, and yet he got into UVA (ED) this cycle with a 158 LSAT. Turns out there are many more like him... Just apply. You don't have to go to Harvard, Yale, Stanford etc... I don't think anyone is gonna look down their nose at you if you got into Texas.

Don't listen to this guy. It is not about noses :roll: . It is about saving 150 thousand dollars and having a job after school.

What was 158's gpa? softs? excactly how many others are there? How much money is he paying for school? How was his OCI? What kind of scholarships did he get?


Yeah... because everyone who is an elitist asshole with zero debt gets a job after graduating from HYS, et al. What is your point? I honestly don't think you have any clue how rare the AA male is in law school and what opportunities OP will have post-graduation. You are completely overlooking other factors that justify OP paying sticker for Texas ITE. Number one is that he's a black male. Whether you like it or not (and who really cares if you don't) he's going to receive a boost for LS admissions and he is going to have access to excellent networking opportunities in LS and upon graduation. Just because the best situation for you is graduating from LS with zero debt that doesn't mean that's what best for OP. I'm an AA male as well and I know much more about OP's situation that you do, I believe. Furthermore, he will receive favorable scholarship consideration because he is minority that is so underrepresented (AA male), despite his LSAT being "below the 25%s." This happens much more often than you may think or want to believe. The info. is out there; do the research yourself, and keep your eye rolls to yourself and know what you're talking about before you open your big mouth next time.

Also: I won't be responding to you so feel free to argue with yourself from this point forward.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:17 am

"Just because the best situation for you is graduating from LS with zero debt that doesn't mean that's what best for OP."
ok? You are an idiot.



I'm trying to help op take advantage of the boost he will get. I just want him to maximize it. I dont know why you did not understand that from what I wrote.

I just dont want the boost he gets to make him settle and not get into the best school he can get into.

I'm not sure I understand your perspective. Are you trying to justify going to a crappy school?

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby sophia.olive » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:34 am

"I won't be responding to you so feel free to argue with yourself from this point forward."


We are not arguing because you are not understanding what i'm trying to say.

We are talking about different things. You are talking about the fact there is a boost and pulling crazy assumptions about my approval of the boost out of nowhere.

I am trying to get op to take complete advantage of his situation.

cartercl
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:08 am

Re: AA Male 3.5/158 chances at UT-Austin

Postby cartercl » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:35 am

You are an idiot.


Your argument was so convincing. I'm simply no match for your intelligence. I concede defeat...




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Necho2, pancakes3 and 3 guests