AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
Emeth!
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby Emeth! » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:55 pm

I'm a AA male with a 3.92 GPA (state school). I got a 170 LSAT score but, its my second score (I gotta 160 in june).

Chances at Georgetown?, UVA?, Cornell?. -Do I have a shot at anything higher?
I know what Law school predictor says but, idk how much my old score, 160 is going to hurt me.

Thanks!

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:55 pm

You have an excellent shot at HYS!

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby Ragged » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:55 pm

You will go to HYS. Congrats.

User avatar
Emeth!
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby Emeth! » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 pm

Ragged wrote:You will go to HYS. Congrats.



Doesn't Harvard average LSATs though? So aren't i kinda screwed cuz of my 160?

User avatar
Emeth!
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby Emeth! » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:59 pm

im_blue wrote:You have an excellent shot at HYS!



Doesn't Harvard average LSAT scores though? Doesn't my 160 in june kinda screw me?

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:59 pm

I say you have an ok shot at yale. A much better near lock at Stanford. And a lock at harvard.
You also might be able to get NYU, michigan, uva, or maybe even columbia for free. Uchicago just got a large donation so I would try them also.

User avatar
sophia.olive
Posts: 885
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:38 pm

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:00 pm

Emeth! wrote:
im_blue wrote:You have an excellent shot at HYS!


You can buy a
Doesn't Harvard average LSAT scores though? Doesn't my 160 in june kinda screw me?

law sweatshirt now on ebay if you dont want stanford.

User avatar
Emeth!
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:44 am

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby Emeth! » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

lol. thanks for the ego boost! 8)

User avatar
LAWLAW09
Posts: 303
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 12:09 am

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby LAWLAW09 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:12 pm

where did you come from? :twisted:


lol...im playin...congrats and good luck!




(ETA: feel free to create a profile at http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com ...a 160 to a 170 is encouraging)

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:15 pm

Fewer than 100 African-Americans per year get 170 or higher; not all of those have the awesome GPA you do. You're going to blow everything away.

Blanket the T14 (or at least the ones you would actually attend), and enjoy numerous acceptances and $$$. You probably are also in at HYS. Congratulations on awesome stats and what will be an awesome cycle.

User avatar
FlightoftheEarls
Posts: 859
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:18 pm

Emeth! wrote:
im_blue wrote:You have an excellent shot at HYS!



Doesn't Harvard average LSAT scores though? Doesn't my 160 in june kinda screw me?

No, it shouldn't. Quite honestly, with that GPA you might have a chance at HLS even with only the 160 as an AA male. With a 3.92/170, you stand a fairly strong chance of sweeping every school. $$$ at T10s.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:21 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:No, it shouldn't. Quite honestly, with that GPA you might have a chance at HLS even with only the 160 as an AA male. With a 3.92/170, you stand a fairly strong chance of sweeping every school. $$$ at T10s.

This is true. A 3.92/160 AA male would've had a shot at T14. A 3.92/170 definitely does. And averaging has become far less the norm as the USNWR rankings have become more and more important, since USNWR only factors in the high score. There's especially motivation here to overlook the low score, since doing so and taking the 170 means taking someone who both has strong numbers and adds to their diversity.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: AA with a 3.92/170 (2nd Score)

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:27 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:No, it shouldn't. Quite honestly, with that GPA you might have a chance at HLS even with only the 160 as an AA male. With a 3.92/170, you stand a fairly strong chance of sweeping every school. $$$ at T10s.

This is true. A 3.92/160 AA male would've had a shot at T14. A 3.92/170 definitely does. And averaging has become far less the norm as the USNWR rankings have become more and more important, since USNWR only factors in the high score. There's especially motivation here to overlook the low score, since doing so and taking the 170 means taking someone who both has strong numbers and adds to their diversity.

+1. Averaging is irrelevant to class statistics here, since both the 160 and 170 are below HY's 25th percentiles anyway.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CMac86 and 4 guests