Does applying ED bind me to attend for all 3 yrs? Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
vanwinkle

Platinum

Re: Does applying ED bind me to attend for all 3 yrs?

Post by vanwinkle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:57 pm

paratactical wrote:
UCLAorbust wrote:*sigh* yeah I did.......

So one more question......preferably from someone who once applied to Loyola ED........I will need financial aid, but I also really need the boost the applying ED will give me to get in. What do y'all recommend? I am really tempted to just do ED, cuz I would rather pay full price there than end up at SW or take a gap year.

Thoughts? Serious, well-informed ones?
If you have numbers that mean you need ED to get in, you probably won't get scholarships with those numbers.
This is true. You'll get financial aid from Loyola if you ED, but it'll almost certainly be in the form of loans.

paratactical

Platinum

Post by paratactical » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:58 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
paratactical wrote:
UCLAorbust wrote:*sigh* yeah I did.......

So one more question......preferably from someone who once applied to Loyola ED........I will need financial aid, but I also really need the boost the applying ED will give me to get in. What do y'all recommend? I am really tempted to just do ED, cuz I would rather pay full price there than end up at SW or take a gap year.

Thoughts? Serious, well-informed ones?
If you have numbers that mean you need ED to get in, you probably won't get scholarships with those numbers.
This is true. You'll get financial aid from Loyola if you ED, but it'll almost certainly be in the form of loans.
I just wanted to make sure OP understood the difference.

thexfactor

Silver

Post by thexfactor » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Dont be stupid. Dont go to LS intending to transfer. Top 10% or better to UCLA from Loyola. Prob top 15% 20% tops will have a chance at OCI.

Just be aware of the risks/rewards (if there are any).......

Gold

Post by 005618502 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:22 pm

plenipotentiary wrote:
jt1341 wrote:
im_blue wrote:
jt1341 wrote:Wait.... ED only means yo cannot go somewhere else that fall?

If you are accepted ED can you decide not to go and apply to other places the next cycle? Or would schools likely ding you just for what you had done?
Definitely to the first question. The ED school would probably ding you the second time around, but that's about it.
I was under the impression that once you ED you cannot attend another school. I didnt know you could decline an ED offer.

Anyone ever done this and not had it kill your next cycle?
People have done this and it has not killed their next cycle.

But I think it only makes sense to do if your ED was completely ridiculous -- like, you applied ED to a school in the T20 when you stood a good chance at CCN.
Yea, well if you get in somewhere ED and re-take to try to up your score and get scholly money, and they dont give you any with your higher score, its good to know you can withdraw and apply the next cycle and not waste great numbers

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”