URM, low lsat

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
gymrat780

URM, low lsat

Postby gymrat780 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 pm

Long story short I am a 23 y/o black male who was born and raised in Canada but attended a state university in California. I graduated with an institution gpa of 3.55, and have an lsac gpa of 3.24.

I took the February 2010 lsat (without any prep, stupid I know) and received a very low score that was under 145 but over 140. Anyways, I decided to take a year off and have been studying for the December LSAT since August and even took a power score course. From my practice tests, I am consistently getting low 150's, my highest is 152, range is 148-152. It's not that I don't understand infact when I do an individual timed section I get nearly everything right in all sections, its that I can't seem to pull everything together when I take the full timed test. One of my sections always drops significantly. Either my logic games, or reading comprehension will drop really low.

I absolutely want to attend law school in the Fall. No more time off.

I don't expect to get into a t-14. Howard University is a school I have been really interested in. It seems like a good school with job prospects, and I also want a the hbcu experience. I also want to note, that I don't really desire to work in the big prestigious firm, and would be happy as a public defender. As cliche as it sounds I am interested in Criminal law mainly, but am also interested in Immigration law. I would rather have my own practice someday and would like to start out doing public sector work.

I plan on practicing really hard leading up to December 11 to increase my score as much as I can. Just wondering what my chances are if any at getting in anywhere?

gymrat780

Re: URM, low lsat

Postby gymrat780 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:53 pm

bump

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:56 pm

Please don't bump threads so quickly. Give people time to respond.

It's not really possible for people to give you advice until you have your actual December LSAT score. It's possible you keep studying and figure it out, and end up in the high 150s or even higher; it's possible you bomb on test day and score in the low 140s again. We just don't know. Your chances depend entirely on what you get on your December LSAT, and since it could end up anywhere in a large range, nobody can really help you that much.

casterfield

Postby casterfield » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:44 pm

If I were you, I'd try to study using one of the prep regimens detailed on the LSAT forum here. You still have time to study and greatly increase your score by December.

Return to “What are my chances?”