What do I need for ULCA, UT, Vandy, or Cornell

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
jacko
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

What do I need for ULCA, UT, Vandy, or Cornell

Postby jacko » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 pm

Have a 3.9+ and what I think is a pretty solid app. Just waiting on a LSAT score in early January. What do you think I need in December.
Last edited by jacko on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5832
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, or Vandy

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:20 pm

Upper 160's and you can feel comfortable, but could also get into better schools in that case. Mid 160's and you still have a good shot, they like GPAs and yours is strong. Low 160's and it's possible, but increasingly less likely.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, or Vandy

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:13 am

Vandy at least a 167. Not sure about the others. 166/167 will probably make you a veeery strong candidate at the others.

jacko
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, or Vandy

Postby jacko » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:17 am

rad law wrote:Vandy at least a 167. Not sure about the others. 166/167 will probably make you a veeery strong candidate at the others.


Really? I have seen multiple 167's with GPA's ranging from 3.7 to 4.0 with scholarships with up to $72,000. I thought I might be able to squeak in with less. I just know the LSN doesn't represent the entire class so I wanted to get some feedback other that last year's cycle.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, or Vandy

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:23 am

jacko wrote:
rad law wrote:Vandy at least a 167. Not sure about the others. 166/167 will probably make you a veeery strong candidate at the others.


Really? I have seen multiple 167's with GPA's ranging from 3.7 to 4.0 with scholarships with up to $72,000. I thought I might be able to squeak in with less. I just know the LSN doesn't represent the entire class so I wanted to get some feedback other that last year's cycle.


Check out the LSN graph. Last year they WL'd everyone with a 166 or below who was not URM. Vandy also doles out the money like candy if you get in before they make the initial round of scholarship offers in late February or early March or whenever it was last year.

This year you might need even a 168. Vandy's LSAT median increased to a 169.

jacko
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, or Vandy

Postby jacko » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:30 am

rad law wrote:
jacko wrote:
rad law wrote:Vandy at least a 167. Not sure about the others. 166/167 will probably make you a veeery strong candidate at the others.


Really? I have seen multiple 167's with GPA's ranging from 3.7 to 4.0 with scholarships with up to $72,000. I thought I might be able to squeak in with less. I just know the LSN doesn't represent the entire class so I wanted to get some feedback other that last year's cycle.


Check out the LSN graph. Last year they WL'd everyone with a 166 or below who was not URM. Vandy also doles out the money like candy if you get in before they make the initial round of scholarship offers in late February or early March or whenever it was last year.

This year you might need even a 168. Vandy's LSAT median increased to a 169.


You think I have a better shot at UCLA and UT with a 166?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, or Vandy

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:35 am

jacko wrote:
rad law wrote:
jacko wrote:
rad law wrote:Vandy at least a 167. Not sure about the others. 166/167 will probably make you a veeery strong candidate at the others.


Really? I have seen multiple 167's with GPA's ranging from 3.7 to 4.0 with scholarships with up to $72,000. I thought I might be able to squeak in with less. I just know the LSN doesn't represent the entire class so I wanted to get some feedback other that last year's cycle.


Check out the LSN graph. Last year they WL'd everyone with a 166 or below who was not URM. Vandy also doles out the money like candy if you get in before they make the initial round of scholarship offers in late February or early March or whenever it was last year.

This year you might need even a 168. Vandy's LSAT median increased to a 169.


You think I have a better shot at UCLA and UT with a 166?


I think I was actually a bit more optimistic than I should have been earlier.

With a 166:

Better at UT than UCLA. UT is a decent (50/50 ish shot), but UCLA chance is very very slim without a 168. They do take some high-GPA splitters though.

jacko
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, or Vandy

Postby jacko » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:42 am

That's kind of unfortunate. If I need a 168 just to get accepted, I might as well ED at UVA which is my preference over all three. I was hoping to have some extremely solid back ups in case UVA didn't let me in.

Bummer

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, or Vandy

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:44 am

jacko wrote:That's kind of unfortunate. If I need a 168 just to get accepted, I might as well ED at UVA which is my preference over all three. I was hoping to have some extremely solid back ups in case UVA didn't let me in.

Bummer


If you've got a mid-160s-ish LSAT, enjoy UVA and enjoy debt. 169-170 however with your GPA would open up tons of options monetarily at T14s.

edit: and a 168 will snag you nice money at 15-18.

jacko
Posts: 90
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:00 am

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, Vandy, or Cornell

Postby jacko » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 am

Just wanted to add Cornell to this list. What do you think I would need with 3.9+ applying in the first week of January?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: What do I need for ULCA, UT, Vandy, or Cornell

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:32 am

jacko wrote:Just wanted to add Cornell to this list. What do you think I would need with 3.9+ applying in the first week of January?


166 to stand a shot. 167 you're probably good...168 I'd say you're safe.

This also depends on how high above 3.9 you are. Cornell waitlisted a few people and outright rejected another on LSN with a 166 and 3.9+ last year.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: lawlaura3494 and 3 guests