3.7, URM (AA Male), 167 LSAT

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JazzMan305

New

3.7, URM (AA Male), 167 LSAT

Postby JazzMan305 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm a Jazz Studies major (business minor) at a Tier 2 State University. I won't be applying until next fall. Softs (all music related) including teaching Piano at a private school and performing in Carnegie Hall. What are my chances of HYS with money? What schools show preference for a candidate like myself?

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Re: 3.7, URM (AA Male), 167 LSAT

Postby DieAntwoord » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:25 pm

hys dont give money, apart from need based grants. You have a good shot though. If you are not applying until next year consider retaking. With a 170+ you might be able to get several of CCNMV for free.

Im a little worried about your major. I know one guy who had a 4.0 in theater and he got rejected at a lot of schools his numbers said he would get into. I would stress you minor a little and again think about retaking the lsat to show you are capable.
Last edited by DieAntwoord on Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrKappus

Gold

Postby MrKappus » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:26 pm

JazzMan305 wrote:I'm a Jazz Studies major (business minor) at a Tier 2 State University. I won't be applying until next fall. Softs (all music related) including teaching Piano at a private school and performing in Carnegie Hall. What are my chances of HYS with money? What schools show preference for a candidate like myself?

Uh, all of them?

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/lunita

JazzMan305

New

Postby JazzMan305 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:40 pm

DieAntwoord wrote:hys dont give money, apart from need based grants. You have a good shot though. If you are not applying until next year consider retaking. With a 170+ you might be able to get several of CCNMV for free.

Im a little worried about your major. I know one guy who had a 4.0 in theater and he got rejected at a lot of schools his numbers said he would get into. I would stress you minor a little and again think about retaking the lsat to show you are capable.

I see. This is a BA program though, (instead of a Bachelor of Music) a liberal arts degree with an emphasis in the study of jazz music (like a foreign language). Should I emphasize that in the app? I can't change my major (nor would I want to, I love it) at this point as I had not planned to go to law school until recently. Would the lack of any legal experience (i.e. internships) matter?

DieAntwoord

Bronze

Postby DieAntwoord » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 pm

JazzMan305 wrote:
DieAntwoord wrote:hys dont give money, apart from need based grants. You have a good shot though. If you are not applying until next year consider retaking. With a 170+ you might be able to get several of CCNMV for free.

I see. This is a BA program though, (instead of a Bachelor of Music) a liberal arts degree with an emphasis in the study of jazz music (like a foreign language). Should I emphasize that in the app? I can't change my major (nor would I want to, I love it) at this point as I had not planned to go to law school until recently. Would the lack of any legal experience (i.e. internships) matter?

No, don't worry, you will have a wonderful cycle regardless. I was just mentioning something you might want to talk about in your ps and ds.

Return to “What are my chances??