Just for fun: 3.0, 175

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Adjudicator

Re: Just for fun: 3.0, 175

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:16 am

downing wrote:your improvement amazes me!
What did you do to achieve the 175: Adopt a new method of studying, read the Economist everyday, change your attitude? The reason being is that I have a 165 (retook after a 159), which initially brought some happiness to my life; now it appears that it'll result in many stinging rejection letters (gpa 3.24).
The 175 more than offsets your gpa for a lot of great schools.

Well, I would say that I studied both harder and smarter this time, meaning I did many more preptests than I did when preparing the first time, and I used superior methods. I didn't know about Powerscore or the LG Bible the first time, and this time around I bought that book and the LR Bible months ago and worked through them completely before beginning my PTs. Then I did every PT from 40-60 in full, and did most of the LG sections from the others.

General advice for anyone looking to improve on the LSAT: First learn how to attack the test, and then practice it over and over and over... do as many PTs as you can.

thexfactor

Re: Just for fun: 3.0, 175

Postby thexfactor » Mon Nov 15, 2010 6:15 pm

why are you not applying to those schools unless you get a fee waiver. Law school is a big investment. In the grand scheme of things 500 bucks is nothing.

Also, with a 175 you will prob get into some great schools including a couple of t14s. The question you have to ask yourself is: how bad do oyu want to live in the state of washington? Enough to risk being unemployed? Schools like cornell, vandy,usc will give you almost a 50/50 shot at biglaw. UW will prob give you a 20% chance at something similar.

Return to “What are my chances?”