Michigan Residency?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
daydreamer
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Michigan Residency?

Postby daydreamer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:44 pm

Will Michigan residency give me any kind of significant boost for UMich Law? 3.75/167

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Michigan Residency?

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:49 pm

daydreamer wrote:Will Michigan residency give me any kind of significant boost for UMich Law? 3.75/167


If it does it will be in terms of YP

daydreamer
Posts: 108
Joined: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:10 pm

Re: Michigan Residency?

Postby daydreamer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:54 pm

Sorry, I'm new...what does YP mean?

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Michigan Residency?

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:58 pm

daydreamer wrote:Sorry, I'm new...what does YP mean?

Yield Protection.

Where they waitlist people who have significantly higher numbers than the medians for the school.

User avatar
im_blue
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:53 am

Re: Michigan Residency?

Postby im_blue » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:15 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
daydreamer wrote:Will Michigan residency give me any kind of significant boost for UMich Law? 3.75/167


If it does it will be in terms of YP

I don't think he has to worry about YP with those numbers.

User avatar
s0ph1e2007
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:37 pm

Re: Michigan Residency?

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:18 am

im_blue wrote:
s0ph1e2007 wrote:
daydreamer wrote:Will Michigan residency give me any kind of significant boost for UMich Law? 3.75/167


If it does it will be in terms of YP

I don't think he has to worry about YP with those numbers.



yea sorry
i should have used "one" instead of "you"

my point is that Mich residency for Mich is not like Virginia residency for UVA
Mich residency only helps them to suspect you might ACTUALLY attend their school. Thus only helpful for those who are possibly more qualified than the average admit




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests