3.45/174.. chances?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

3.45/174.. chances?

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:56 pm

Posted for a friend: 3.45/174, No WE, average softs. Where should he apply? (After EDing UVA)

sharpnsmooth
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: 3.45/174.. chances?

Postby sharpnsmooth » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:03 pm

arism87 wrote:Posted for a friend: 3.45/174, No WE, average softs. Where should he apply? (After EDing UVA)

you're gonna get into UVA so you're done.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: 3.45/174.. chances?

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:06 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote:
arism87 wrote:Posted for a friend: 3.45/174, No WE, average softs. Where should he apply? (After EDing UVA)

you're gonna get into UVA so you're done.


Yeah I think so too, but I don't know when he's gonna get his app in-- recommend waiting? We're residents too so, helps.

trudat15
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

Re: 3.45/174.. chances?

Postby trudat15 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:11 pm

arism87 wrote:Posted for a friend: 3.45/174, No WE, average softs. Where should he apply? (After EDing UVA)


Why ED? I imagine as a res he is in regardless. Might get money.

User avatar
arism87
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:46 pm

Re: 3.45/174.. chances?

Postby arism87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:15 pm

Really? I was thinking his GPA is pretty low for RD. It's his top choice, so I guess EDing makes sense either way? Sucks to risk losing $$ though.

I like how I prefer worrying about someone else's fate instead of my own *needs a hobby*

sharpnsmooth
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:41 pm

Re: 3.45/174.. chances?

Postby sharpnsmooth » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:21 pm

yeah but isn't 40% of their campus from VA....it's prob harder to get 40% from one state than 60% from all the other states as a nationally esteemed institution.

User avatar
Hannibal
Posts: 2213
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:00 pm

Re: 3.45/174.. chances?

Postby Hannibal » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:14 pm

There's a good chance one of CCN will bite. Michigan is a great target. Your friend and I are number twins btw.

sharpnsmooth wrote:yeah but isn't 40% of their campus from VA....it's prob harder to get 40% from one state than 60% from all the other states as a nationally esteemed institution.


Their 60% is still bigger than a lot of the smaller schools' entire class size. UVA has really messed up acceptance procedures for people who RD.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin and 2 guests