Splitter URM

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
cowgirl_bebop

Splitter URM

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:31 pm

OK, so my LSAC GPA is pretty crappy (2.44 kind of crappy), although my schools GPA is/will be much higher thanks to their grade forgiveness policy.

My LSAT score is a bit nicer (167), but I plan to retake in December and shoot for a 170+. If I can get my games down from -8 to something closer to -2 I'll be in business. Here are the schools Ive applied to:

American
St. John's
Pacific
San Diego
Miami
Maryland
Temple
UC Davis
UC Hastings
Santa Clara

Reaches:
GW
Fordham
Cornell (just for the hell of it)

LLB2JD

Re: Splitter URM

Postby LLB2JD » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 pm

This is going to be very difficult to predict, but you have a nice list of schools there.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:44 pm

If you have WE, apply to Northwestern, they're the only T14 well known to take GPAs that low. 170+ would make you a great fit there.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:45 pm

vanwinkle wrote:If you have WE, apply to Northwestern, they're the only T14 well known to take GPAs that low. 170+ would make you a great fit there.

Unfortunately I dont have any WE besides my full-time summer employment. I only sent in a Cornell app because I know somebody there, but thats just a shot in the dark. I mean, why not? T-14 would be nice, but Im too much of a realist to think I would ever be going there. I just plan on doing very well at a good regional school and making the best of it.

Honestly, my top school is St. John's. I know they are not ranked as high as some of the other schools, but I am in love with them for some reason (I even made sure my younger sister went there for undergrad). If I could get into their school with a nice scholarship I would be more than satisfied. Money is definitely a factor for me.

plenipotentiary

Postby plenipotentiary » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:00 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:If you have WE, apply to Northwestern, they're the only T14 well known to take GPAs that low. 170+ would make you a great fit there.

Unfortunately I dont have any WE besides my full-time summer employment. I only sent in a Cornell app because I know somebody there, but thats just a shot in the dark. I mean, why not? T-14 would be nice, but Im too much of a realist to think I would ever be going there. I just plan on doing very well at a good regional school and making the best of it.

Honestly, my top school is St. John's. I know they are not ranked as high as some of the other schools, but I am in love with them for some reason (I even made sure my younger sister went there for undergrad). If I could get into their school with a nice scholarship I would be more than satisfied. Money is definitely a factor for me.

If you're going to attend a regional school, I would advise picking a region other than New York. Job prospects for SJU Law grads were pretty bad even in better economic times. I can tell you that someone in my family graduated at the top of their class at St. John's in 2006 and had to work their way up to midlaw.

Check out the "success stories" section of their website: --LinkRemoved--

It's pretty depressing, frankly.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:26 pm

plenipotentiary wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

If you're going to attend a regional school, I would advise picking a region other than New York. Job prospects for SJU Law grads were pretty bad even in better economic times. I can tell you that someone in my family graduated at the top of their class at St. John's in 2006 and had to work their way up to midlaw.

Check out the "success stories" section of their website: --LinkRemoved--

It's pretty depressing, frankly.

Depressing is right!! I dont know when/if I;ll get over this love affair with St. John's, but if they give me an hefty scholarship Im likely to go. Without good $$$ Im not going to law school at all. Hopefully some higher ranked school will offer me half decent funds and I can end up at a school with better job prospects.

Return to “What are my chances?”