FEe Waiver Question

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
JDHopeful

FEe Waiver Question

Postby JDHopeful » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:30 am

If a school offers you a fee waiver, does this mean you have a good chance at getting in if you apply?

Re: FEe Waiver Question

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:48 am

JDHopeful wrote:If a school offers you a fee waiver, does this mean you have a good chance at getting in if you apply?

Nope.
They often offer them to people who normally wouldn't apply in order to boost their selectivity ratings. That is not to say that you DON'T have a chance, but if LSN/LSP has you as a deny and you get a fee waiver, don't expect to get in.

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:51 am

2014 wrote:
JDHopeful wrote:If a school offers you a fee waiver, does this mean you have a good chance at getting in if you apply?

Nope.
They often offer them to people who normally wouldn't apply in order to boost their selectivity ratings. That is not to say that you DON'T have a chance, but if LSN/LSP has you as a deny and you get a fee waiver, don't expect to get in.

+1

Its just a nice way to save some money.

JDHopeful

Postby JDHopeful » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:52 am

Okay, thanks... good to know. I'm at their Median GPA and 25% LSAT.

I guess I'll shoot it off anyway, just cuz its free. Very nice strategy on their part tho.

Return to “What are my chances?”