Reach

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Robobob
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am

Reach

Postby Robobob » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:09 am

LSAT: 167
LSAC UGPA: 3.24
Double major at Ivy League school, masters from Oxbridge, 'glowing' recommendations, top international-level athlete, lots of activities, a couple of languages, finished undergrad 2 years ago

Any T-14 school school would be amazing. Any chances applying early (early decision, early action) anywhere? I heard it usually doesn't hurt to reapply the year after getting rejected, and I know I can raise that LSAT score later if I retake it, but is it just a waste of money to apply to highly competitive schools now?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Reach

Postby Grizz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:10 am

Below medians at all T14. And T18. Enjoy WUSTL.

Robobob
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am

Re: Reach

Postby Robobob » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:17 am

rad law wrote:Below medians at all T14. And T18. Enjoy WUSTL.


Sorry--WUSTL?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: Reach

Postby Grizz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 am

Robobob wrote:
rad law wrote:Below medians at all T14. And T18. Enjoy WUSTL.


Sorry--WUSTL?


Wash U., St. Louis.

User avatar
Ginj
Posts: 531
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:53 am

Re: Reach

Postby Ginj » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:19 am

Robobob wrote:
rad law wrote:Below medians at all T14. And T18. Enjoy WUSTL.


Sorry--WUSTL?


Wash U in St. Louis.

Edit: Beat me to it. Ass.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Reach

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:23 am

rad law wrote:Below medians at all T14. And T18. Enjoy WUSTL.


He does say he is an international level athlete. Does this mean you competed in the Olympics? Because that would certainly change things.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Reach

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:24 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
rad law wrote:Below medians at all T14. And T18. Enjoy WUSTL.


He does say he is an international level athlete. Does this mean you competed medaled in the Olympics? Because that would certainly might change things.

FYP

Robobob
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am

Re: Reach

Postby Robobob » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:02 am

Patriot1208 wrote:
rad law wrote:Below medians at all T14. And T18. Enjoy WUSTL.


He does say he is an international level athlete. Does this mean you competed in the Olympics? Because that would certainly change things.


I was 2nd in the world in the under-20 age category. No Olympics yet =)

Also, I have a really specific field of law I want to study related to the history I studied as an undergrad and masters student (even got funding for it). Maybe that strong 'sense of purpose' could help a bit.

Robobob
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am

Re: Reach

Postby Robobob » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:03 am

JazzOne wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
rad law wrote:Below medians at all T14. And T18. Enjoy WUSTL.


He does say he is an international level athlete. Does this mean you competed medaled in the Olympics? Because that would certainly might change things.

FYP


I see your point. Anyone want to sponsor my bid? =D

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Reach

Postby JazzOne » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:41 am

OP, are you a URM?

Robobob
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am

Re: Reach

Postby Robobob » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:58 am

JazzOne wrote:OP, are you a URM?


Nope. Do you think they would check if I put myself down as half-Bolivian/half-Australian Aboriginal? They might get suspicious when I show up the first day...

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Reach

Postby Ragged » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:03 pm

Robobob wrote:
JazzOne wrote:OP, are you a URM?


Nope. Do you think they would check if I put myself down as half-Bolivian/half-Australian Aboriginal? They might get suspicious when I show up the first day...


That wouldn't even help you with admissions so go nuts.

Robobob
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:47 am

Re: Reach

Postby Robobob » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:06 pm

Is it really such a numbers game? Why do they require personal statements and recommendations in the first place, except for those with especially unusual applications?




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 2 guests