157/3.29 G.P.A. Help me check my chances on a few schools. Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
ryno8cubs5

New

157/3.29 G.P.A. Help me check my chances on a few schools.

Post by ryno8cubs5 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 pm

I was wondering what my chances are for:
University of Missouri (MU)
University of Kansas (KU)
University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC)

As well as if anyone had any other schools that you feel I should look into based on my scores.
I did take the LSAT 3 times, scoring 148, 147, 157 respectively. My father had passed away the spring before my tests, so I tried to rush and took the December '09, followed by the February '10, with about a month of total study time between the two. I plan to write an Addendum if it would help in the situation. If anyone feels I should just let my higher score speak for itself, please let me know.

ryno8cubs5

New

Re: 157/3.29 G.P.A. Help me check my chances on a few schools.

Post by ryno8cubs5 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 am

Just putting this up front to see if I can get some feedback.

ryno8cubs5

New

Post by ryno8cubs5 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Anything would help. I know, retake or don't go. But, t14 schools are not something I can make it to, and UMKC is right in my backyard. The others are close enough to go to, so a good internship will help with my job prospects. Just wanting any feedback from anyone who may know a little more than me on any of these schools.

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:44 pm

ryno8cubs5 wrote:Anything would help. I know, retake or don't go. But, t14 schools are not something I can make it to, and UMKC is right in my backyard. The others are close enough to go to, so a good internship will help with my job prospects. Just wanting any feedback from anyone who may know a little more than me on any of these schools.
You won't get an internship that will help with your job prospects, hth.

ryno8cubs5

New

Post by ryno8cubs5 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:30 pm

Well, my mother-in-law is a Circuit Court judge in Jackson County. So, she knows a lot of people in the area as far as the legal field goes. UMKC averages LSAT scores from what I have read, or at least considers them all, so I am afraid that that will ruin my chances there. I guess that is what I meant by a good internship, just knowing people to help me find a job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

nsideirish

Bronze

Post by nsideirish » Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:56 pm

WL at U of Missouri
In at UMKC
In at Kansas

Veyron

Gold

Post by Veyron » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:16 pm

ryno8cubs5 wrote:Well, my mother-in-law is a Circuit Court judge in Jackson County. So, she knows a lot of people in the area as far as the legal field goes. UMKC averages LSAT scores from what I have read, or at least considers them all, so I am afraid that that will ruin my chances there. I guess that is what I meant by a good internship, just knowing people to help me find a job.
Since the only reasonable chance you have at getting a job is family connections, does it really matter where you go? Why not just take a scholarship at Cooley or something.

ryno8cubs5

New

Post by ryno8cubs5 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:15 pm

Veyron wrote:
ryno8cubs5 wrote:Well, my mother-in-law is a Circuit Court judge in Jackson County. So, she knows a lot of people in the area as far as the legal field goes. UMKC averages LSAT scores from what I have read, or at least considers them all, so I am afraid that that will ruin my chances there. I guess that is what I meant by a good internship, just knowing people to help me find a job.
Since the only reasonable chance you have at getting a job is family connections, does it really matter where you go? Why not just take a scholarship at Cooley or something.
I'll take my chances at UMKC or KU. Thanks for the advice.
nsideirish wrote:WL at U of Missouri
In at UMKC
In at Kansas
Thank you. That is all I wanted to hear from anyone as far as comments go.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:22 pm

ryno8cubs5 wrote: Thank you. That is all I wanted to hear from anyone as far as comments go.
If you don't want all the comments and musings people have to offer, don't post on the internet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

MysticalWheel

Bronze

Post by MysticalWheel » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 pm

In at Harvard, WL at Yale. Lucky bastard.

MW

ryno8cubs5

New

Post by ryno8cubs5 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:07 am

rad law wrote:
ryno8cubs5 wrote: Thank you. That is all I wanted to hear from anyone as far as comments go.
If you don't want all the comments and musings people have to offer, don't post on the internet.
I'm not overly concerned. I don't mind hearing what people have to say, I just wanted to know my chances. They gave me my chances, so I thanked them.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”