Am I being delusional? 3.3/153

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Fourthreetwo

Am I being delusional? 3.3/153

Postby Fourthreetwo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:45 pm

Ideally, I want to go to UNLV because of in-state tuition, but my dream school would be USD or Seattle University. Unfortunately, my nerves got the best of me on LSAT.. I was consistently scoring 155-157 on my practice tests then got a 153 on Oct 2010 test. On one hand, I want to take it again in December because I think just taking my scores up by at least 3 points would make a significant difference. Then again, it is right after my finals and I feel like my chances will be even worse by waiting two more months to apply.

I know I have to ability to succeed in this field, but I do not want to go to some 4th tier school (Chapman, Thomas Jefferson, Cal Western) that will charge me $40,000 a year to get a crappy education. Please help.. what should I do?

2Serious4Numbers

Re: Am I being delusional? 3.3/153

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:51 pm

It's not the end of the world if you have to retake. If you know you can do better then retake. Especially in your range a score is much more important than the advantage of possibly applying early... It's good you realize the truth behind TTTT.

HTH

Aqualibrium

Postby Aqualibrium » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:01 pm

Your nerves didn't get the best of you; you performed up to the level one could expect. Your pt range and your ultimate score are perfectly in line with one another. That said, it's still possible for you to boost your score....study hard, retake, and hopefully, profit.

thexfactor

Postby thexfactor » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:11 pm

Fourthreetwo wrote:Ideally, I want to go to UNLV because of in-state tuition, but my dream school would be USD or Seattle University. Unfortunately, my nerves got the best of me on LSAT.. I was consistently scoring 155-157 on my practice tests then got a 153 on Oct 2010 test. On one hand, I want to take it again in December because I think just taking my scores up by at least 3 points would make a significant difference. Then again, it is right after my finals and I feel like my chances will be even worse by waiting two more months to apply.

I know I have to ability to succeed in this field, but I do not want to go to some 4th tier school (Chapman, Thomas Jefferson, Cal Western) that will charge me $40,000 a year to get a crappy education. Please help.. what should I do?

It s not the land of milk and honey at the schools you mentioned....
Please do your research and do not trust the career stats that schools put out . I would choose UNLV to minimize your debt.

I would retake. Work as hard as you can to get the highest score possible. If you are just looking for a career and don't really have a burning desire to go to law school you should try the carribbean for med or go to a masters of accounting program. Most accounting programs have near 100% placement. Accountants are actually in demand.

Good luck!

Return to “What are my chances?”