3.7/ 170: chances & advice Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
alexdough

New

3.7/ 170: chances & advice

Post by alexdough » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:36 pm

I have a 3.69 GPA now but it will be over 3.7 after this semester. I'm looking for a strong environmental law program- I was shooting for Berkeley until I got my LSAT score this weekend (given my PT scores I was expecting more like a 174). If I work for a year and retake the LSAT will I have significantly better chances at Berkeley/Columbia/NYU? Most likely my GPA will also be higher after senior year.
Other info: I'm an environmental science major with lots of internship experience related to that, interested in government or public interest work.

If I go ahead and apply for this year I am thinking about:
Michigan
UVA
Duke
Cornell
Georgetown
George Washington
BU

Does this seem like a good mix? Do I have scholarship changes with any of these? Thanks!!

alexdough

New

Re: 3.7/ 170: chances & advice

Post by alexdough » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:46 pm

Anyone?

El_Gallo

Bronze

Post by El_Gallo » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:55 pm

If Berkeley is your aim you should definitely shoot them an app this cycle. I would say your chances are about 50/50 there. Everywhere else on your list are good targets/safeties. I would say some money at cornell and below.

Then again, if you are aiming for T6, you should probably retake. Even one or two points higher would significantly improve your chances.

alexdough

New

Post by alexdough » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks for the input!
Then again, if you are aiming for T6, you should probably retake. Even one or two points higher would significantly improve your chances.
If I take the December test, do you think applying as late as January will be worth a few extra points?

Tanicius

Gold

Post by Tanicius » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:37 pm

alexdough wrote:Thanks for the input!
If I take the December test, do you think applying as late as January will be worth a few extra points?
You have to be willing to accept the possibility of a lower score, meaning your chances would be completely shot this cycle cause you'd be applying not only with the 170, but really really late.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “What are my chances?”