3.3/165 rate my softs please

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
louda

3.3/165 rate my softs please

Postby louda » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:04 am

Are my softs good enough to get into Minnesota? I know my numbers are a little low, but are my softs enough to bump me up? I am going to apply ED, if my transcripts process fast enough. Otherwise, as early as possible. Where else do you think I could get into/apply? I'm definitely also going to apply to Madison (WI resident). Thanks!

Softs: Peace Corps as an English teacher, Third Culture Kid- living in Europe and Asia for nine years before university, in college ran my own business, quite a bit of volunteer experience- both domestic and international with leadership positions.

Thanks for any advice you can give me.

2Serious4Numbers

Re: 3.3/165 rate my softs please

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:23 am

I'll start off by saying I know absolutely nothing about Minnesota, but I can say that these softs will give you a leg up over many equally qualified candidates. You hit just about all major points with volunteering, work exp, travel exp, etc. If you have a legit shot (LS predictor helps) then make sure to stress these points in your DS and PS

louda

Postby louda » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:26 am

Thanks! (I'm not sure many people know about Minnesota)

LS Predictor says that I would be "considered" with my numbers. Do you think that is enough? My PS is about my diversity and wanting to be a human rights lawyer.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:48 am

louda wrote:Thanks! (I'm not sure many people know about Minnesota)

LS Predictor says that I would be "considered" with my numbers. Do you think that is enough? My PS is about my diversity and wanting to be a human rights lawyer.

In that case, I recommend retaking and going to HYSCCN because those are the people that get these jobs. Seriously.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 10:52 am

Also it's probably easier to get involved with NGOs now for that kind of work than to try to go the law school route.

Return to “What are my chances?”