3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby applepiecrust » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:41 pm

I am applying to Cornell, Georgetown, UCLA, USC and Vanderbilt.
Where in the T20 (and hopefully T14) might I have a chance?

I know softs don't really matter but international, gay, minority (but not URM). Softs include youth advisory board of a major national organization, starting an LGBT youth group in home country (media mentions), resident advisor for 2 years, student leadership positions, selective consulting and non-profit internships.

Re-taking in February (to apply SUPER early next cycle, hopefully with a MUCH higher score that more accurately represents my potential).

User avatar
Other25BeforeYou
Posts: 503
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:19 pm

Re: 3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby Other25BeforeYou » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Gtown - WL/out
Cornell - WL/in
UCLA - WL
Vandy - WL
USC - in

TheOcho
Posts: 394
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:46 pm

Re: 3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby TheOcho » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:45 pm

I have very similar numbers, just slightly better 8) (3.7, 169).

I'm applying to a lot of the same schools as you and expect to have a reasonable chance at admissions at all of them. Have you thought about using an ED?

User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: 3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby applepiecrust » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:04 pm

TheOcho wrote:I have very similar numbers, just slightly better 8) (3.7, 169).

I'm applying to a lot of the same schools as you and expect to have a reasonable chance at admissions at all of them. Have you thought about using an ED?


No, I don't want to ED anywhere because I actually want to apply for real next cycle. That had been my plan originally anyway; now it has just been solidified.

User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: 3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby applepiecrust » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:06 pm

Other25BeforeYou wrote:Gtown - WL/out
Cornell - WL/in
UCLA - WL
Vandy - WL
USC - in


Georgetown undergrad make any difference? They somehow seem more likely to accept their own.

User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: 3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby applepiecrust » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:26 pm

Another shameless bump. Is anywhere else in the T14 worth an application this year?

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby Grizz » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:28 pm

applepiecrust wrote:Another shameless bump. Is anywhere else in the T14 worth an application this year?


Maybe Mich, but you probably won't get in. Retake if you can.

ppa840
Posts: 109
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Re: 3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby ppa840 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:31 pm

applepiecrust wrote:I am applying to Cornell, Georgetown, UCLA, USC and Vanderbilt.
Where in the T20 (and hopefully T14) might I have a chance?

I know softs don't really matter but international, gay, minority (but not URM). Softs include youth advisory board of a major national organization, starting an LGBT youth group in home country (media mentions), resident advisor for 2 years, student leadership positions, selective consulting and non-profit internships.

Re-taking in February (to apply SUPER early next cycle, hopefully with a MUCH higher score that more accurately represents my potential).


Try berkeley. You have a slight chance.

User avatar
applepiecrust
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:38 am

Re: 3.6/168, non-URM, where do I apply?

Postby applepiecrust » Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:38 pm

rad law wrote:
applepiecrust wrote:Another shameless bump. Is anywhere else in the T14 worth an application this year?


Maybe Mich, but you probably won't get in. Retake if you can.


Already signed up to retake, and going to focus on applying next cycle. Applying this cycle mostly to give my parents some peace of mind (they're paying for the apps, thankfully).




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cgsucsd, charmonster, Earlskies, poptart123 and 5 guests