3.92 at USC, 170 1st try - ED at Penn?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Lovely Ludwig Van

3.92 at USC, 170 1st try - ED at Penn?

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:32 pm

How much would ED-ing raise my chances (if any) of getting into Penn? Penn is definitely my first choice and dream LS since freshman year. But at the same time, I don't want to restrict myself to just one school and would like to keep the door open for any scholly offers from other schools.

So what do y'all think?

On the softs front, I have two recs from professors, one of whom was my honors thesis advisor (he said my thesis was one of the best he had read in 35 years), and another strong rec from my internship supervisor (mediation internship). I am not a URM, but I am an immigrant, been here since I was 6. Going to write PS about my life growing up as a missionary's kid.

Please, judge my life!!! Verbal abuse welcomed.

vsl89

Re: 3.92 at USC, 170 1st try - ED at Penn?

Postby vsl89 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:35 pm

Chances look real good, even without ED. You even have a shot at some money.
http://penn.lawschoolnumbers.com/applic ... =1&type=jd
According to LSN, 9/11 people with your stats were accepted. Definitely a good sign.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:44 pm

Sweet.

I've got to learn how to use the LSN search feature one of these days.

Anyone else have any opinions on whether ED could make a crucial difference? I would be head over heels happy either way if I got into Penn, but given the state of the economy, cannot rule out scholly offers from lower ranked schools.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:08 pm

You're at Penn's median LSAT and 75% GPA, so I would not ED. You should also consider Stanford, CCN, and lower T14 with money.

Return to “What are my chances?”