Three time taker chances. (waiting for other's scores)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
Ragged

Three time taker chances. (waiting for other's scores)

Postby Ragged » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:53 am

!
Last edited by Ragged on Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

James Bond

Re: Three time taker chances. (waiting for other's scores)

Postby James Bond » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:56 am

Ragged, I think your current cycle will prove to be dramatically different than your last. The T3 is always a crapshoot, but I think you're on lock for someone in CCN and below to bite. Also, if you get money from one, make sure you leverage it to others. Congrats! :mrgreen:

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:58 am

James Bond wrote:Ragged, I think your current cycle will prove to be dramatically different than your last. The T3 is always a crapshoot, but I think you're on lock for someone in CCN and below to bite. Also, if you get money from one, make sure you leverage it to others. Congrats! :mrgreen:

Thanks, James. But all the talk of averging the LSATs, espessially the ones as close as mine, makes me think my chances are quite a bit lower than a 174 would indicate. That's really my main worry of my application.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:04 am

Ragged wrote:
James Bond wrote:Ragged, I think your current cycle will prove to be dramatically different than your last. The T3 is always a crapshoot, but I think you're on lock for someone in CCN and below to bite. Also, if you get money from one, make sure you leverage it to others. Congrats! :mrgreen:

Thanks, James. But all the talk of averging the LSATs, espessially the ones as close as mine, makes me think my chances are quite a bit lower than a 174 would indicate. That's really my main worry of my application.

I'll admit that I've been a little out of the loop, but since when did they say they were averaging? It was only a year ago when they said they wouldn't be anymore :?

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:09 am

James Bond wrote:
Ragged wrote:

I'll admit that I've been a little out of the loop, but since when did they say they were averaging? It was only a year ago when they said they wouldn't be anymore :?

I used to think that HYS averaged and the rest didn't. But now I keep hearing things like most schools say they average, Columbia and Duke and such. Whatever, I'll apply and see what happens...

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:10 am

Ragged wrote:
James Bond wrote:
Ragged wrote:

I used to think that HYS averaged and the rest didn't. But now I keep hearing things like most schools say they average, Columbia and Duke and such. Whatever, I'll apply and see what happens...

Well, if nothing else, you've already proven that you can get into a T14...even if that's the BEST you do it's still good

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:26 pm

In a shameless bump I want to thanks 007 for his input but also would like to hear other opinions espessially about the LSAT averaging. BTW my LSAC report is showing a 171 average.

nireca

Postby nireca » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:06 pm

I'm in a similar boat with 160, 162, 164 and thinking about possible retake. My feeling is that they are primarily concerned with keeping their entrance stats up so as long as they can do that with your highest score, then multiple LSATs should only be considered lightly. Maybe you lose out against someone with exactly the same qualifications as you do except with 174 single-take but other than that I really don't think it should be that big of a factor.

Like I said tho, I'm in a similar situation. So perhaps this is just wishful thinking.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:16 pm

Ragged wrote:LSAT: 170/168/174 all within a year. Average: 170.66
GPA: 3.87.
W/E: None to speak of.
Average to weak PS and DS.
Pretty good LORs.

Last cycle (with a 170) got a bunch of WLs from T14 insluding S/C/N, got accpeted to Duke.

Do I stand a decent chance at breaking T3?

T6? $?

T14? $$$?

I realize that the three LSAT's are probably gonna bar from the top schools and lower my scholarships everywhere else, but I'm still gonna apply everywhere, and would like to hear your thoughts.

Thanks.

You are within the 95% confidence interval for a score of 171, so I would assume that HYS will consider that more likely to be your "true" score. There are a lot of qualified candidates for T3 so I would say that your chances are probably going to be determined more by the quality of your other application components.

Schools below T3 are more concerned with rankings and reporting strong median GPA/LSAT, so you should do well T4-T14.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:55 pm

With no WE or decent softs, you'll probably get into at least one of CCN but not HYS.

Return to “What are my chances?”