Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
egeffin

Postby egeffin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:05 am

Last edited by egeffin on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dakatz

Re: Chance me while you are waiting please?

Postby dakatz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:08 am

Apply to more safety schools. South American hispanics are given little if any boost with regard to URM status. Your numbers don't justify admission to most of those schools. In fact, I'd say your only solid shots on that list are Miami and Emory. GW is a maybe, as is WUSTL, but the rest are certainly reaches. And once you are talking G-Town and up, it would have to be an odd stroke of luck. Your target range should be that 25-35 range, though certainly shoot some apps to GW/WUSTL, etc and see what happens.

thexfactor

Postby thexfactor » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:10 am

APPLY HIGHER. Do not even apply to umiami. Stop at WUSTL.
do 1-18. Then evaluate and negotiate scholarships. Add WUSTL + 1 other fordham/bc/bu/emory/uiuc/ND.
Yes harvard is not out of play!
check this person out.
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Misslawyer2013/jd

egeffin

Postby egeffin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:15 am

dakatz wrote:Apply to more safety schools. South American hispanics are given little if any boost with regard to URM status. Your numbers don't justify admission to most of those schools. In fact, I'd say your only solid shots on that list are Miami and Emory. GW is a maybe, as is WUSTL, but the rest are certainly reaches. And once you are talking G-Town and up, it would have to be an odd stroke of luck. Your target range should be that 25-35 range, though certainly shoot some apps to GW/WUSTL, etc and see what happens.

would it be worth it to ED to any of these schools?

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:36 am

egeffin wrote:
dakatz wrote:Apply to more safety schools. South American hispanics are given little if any boost with regard to URM status. Your numbers don't justify admission to most of those schools. In fact, I'd say your only solid shots on that list are Miami and Emory. GW is a maybe, as is WUSTL, but the rest are certainly reaches. And once you are talking G-Town and up, it would have to be an odd stroke of luck. Your target range should be that 25-35 range, though certainly shoot some apps to GW/WUSTL, etc and see what happens.

would it be worth it to ED to any of these schools?

An ED certainly could make a difference since you are not that far off from admission from a bunch of really solid schools. I think you need to hit more schools in that 20-35 range. Add schools like William & Mary, BU,BC, etc. For an ED, you want to shoot for a school where you feel like you are just off the mark, and the little extra boost of ED could get you in. Don't bother shooting it at a super reach because it doesn't make that huge a difference. For example, if you really love a school like Vandy, or UCLA, ED might just make up enough ground to get you in.

James Bond

Postby James Bond » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:37 am

dakatz

Postby dakatz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:38 am

thexfactor wrote:APPLY HIGHER. Do not even apply to umiami. Stop at WUSTL.
do 1-18. Then evaluate and negotiate scholarships. Add WUSTL + 1 other fordham/bc/bu/emory/uiuc/ND.
check this person out.

This is completely irrelevant. Not only is one single data point too small to give any hint of information, but the profile is of a black applicant. This applicant is south american, which isn't seen as receiving much if any URM boost.

egeffin

Postby egeffin » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:40 am

dakatz wrote:
thexfactor wrote:APPLY HIGHER. Do not even apply to umiami. Stop at WUSTL.
check this person out.

This is completely irrelevant. Not only is one single data point too small to give any hint of information, but the profile is of a black applicant. This applicant is south american, which isn't seen as receiving much if any URM boost.

I know South Americans dont receive the same URM boost and an AA or Mexican, but do we get any boost at all?

Return to “What are my chances?”