3.5/169... Texas? Others? (Already looked at LSN!)

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
dihydrogenmonoxide

3.5/169... Texas? Others? (Already looked at LSN!)

Postby dihydrogenmonoxide » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:02 am

Just got first LSAT... :cry: x 1000. My last several PTs were all 175-180, and I got 169.

Anyways, do I have any shot at Texas? Too late to ED. I looked at LSN but perhaps others have pertinent info as well.

My career goals are to get a job in a place that isn't NYC or DC. What other schools should I look at with these numbers, besides those listed below?

Based of LSN:

WUSTL
Emory
USC
Cornell
Vandy

danidancer

Re: 3.5/169... Texas? Others? (Already looked at LSN!)

Postby danidancer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:39 am

UGH - I feel you on the LSAT disappointment. Same thing happened to me on my retake last year.

Outside shot at Cornell (I was accepted from the Reserve List last cycle with a 3.45/168, although many with numbers around mine were not as lucky). Cornell mostly places in NYC, although I'm apt to believe that's self-selection more than anything else.

I did not apply to Emory, but last cycle I was accepted to WUSTL with a $10k scholarship, and opted to withdraw from waitlists at USC and Vandy.

FWIW, I was also waitlisted at Columbia, Michigan, Northwestern, and Georgetown's PT program - they might be worth an application as well.

Good luck!

Edit to say: I would fully expect you to receive money from any school ranked in the T20-T30 range. Those are regional schools (so apply where you think you will want to work), but solid. Unless you're chasing a full scholarship, I would limit your applications to T30 schools in your region of choice, with a handful of reaches from the T10-T20 range.

dihydrogenmonoxide

Postby dihydrogenmonoxide » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:59 am

Would there be any wisdom in going for, say, Colorado, over somewhere like Illinois or UC-Davis, each of which have many more regional competitors? I'd be ecstatic to have a job in Denver, but that isn't exactly a big legal market.

danidancer

Postby danidancer » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:59 pm

I'm really not sure, as my target has always been NYC. I'm sure there are current students at those schools posting on here who might be able to advise you on how the job market is looking.

Grizz

Postby Grizz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:09 pm

dihydrogenmonoxide wrote:Would there be any wisdom in going for, say, Colorado, over somewhere like Illinois or UC-Davis, each of which have many more regional competitors? I'd be ecstatic to have a job in Denver, but that isn't exactly a big legal market.

I've heard Denver is fairly provincial, maybe someone else can speak to that. I'd retake in Dec. if you think you can do better.

WUSTL - in
Emory - in
USC - WL
Cornell - WL
Vandy - in or WL; medians went up

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 pm

what do you mean too late to ED; arent most ED deadlines November 1 or no deadline at all for ED

Return to “What are my chances?”