Is Retake Better than ED? N00B Needs help

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
PinkCow

Is Retake Better than ED? N00B Needs help

Postby PinkCow » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:44 pm

Last edited by PinkCow on Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Re: Is Retake Better than ED? N00B Needs help

Postby vanwinkle » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:49 pm

The next to last law school on your list is called "Cardozo", not "Yeshiva".

Also, unless you're a URM, the only schools you even have a chance of getting into are these:

Cornell
U Washington
Cardozo
Fordham

UCLA and Berkeley absolutely hate low GPAs, while NYU, Penn, and Michigan won't even blink at you since you're below both medians.

If your goal is to go to the best school possible, you should 1) retake and aim to get 170+, and then plan on EDing next cycle, or 2) aim for some other T30 schools, like BU, BC, WUSTL, Illinois... Schools that will have halfway decent employment opportunities and still be in your range.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:52 pm

vanwinkle wrote:The next to last law school on your list is called "Cardozo", not "Yeshiva".

Also, unless you're a URM, the only schools you even have a chance of getting into are these:

Cornell
U Washington
Cardozo
Fordham

UCLA and Berkeley absolutely hate low GPAs, while NYU, Penn, and Michigan won't even blink at you since you're below both medians.

If your goal is to go to the best school possible, you should 1) retake and aim to get 170+, and then plan on EDing next cycle, or 2) aim for some other T30 schools, like BU, BC, WUSTL, Illinois... Schools that will have halfway decent employment opportunities and still be in your range.

Michigan had a 169? Did it change this year? Because ED/3.56/169 probably gets into Michigan (the Cornell of the Midwest).

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:08 am

vanwinkle wrote:The next to last law school on your list is called "Cardozo", not "Yeshiva".

Cornell
U Washington
Cardozo
Fordham

Thanks for the help vanwinkle. So, just to confirm, if I got a 172 on the December, it would be better to apply to Cornell or other places then rather than apply early with a 169? Also, I'm a little confused about Michigan, as according to Law School Predictor I'm at least considered. Is that not accurate?

Thanks

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:27 am

Bump?

thexfactor

Postby thexfactor » Sat Oct 30, 2010 12:31 am

why dont you hedge your bets.... ED at a school right now. Then if you get your lsat score before they make a decision and it is higher than your current one, you can call the school up to withdraw ED.

PinkCow

Postby PinkCow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:02 am

thexfactor wrote:why dont you hedge your bets.... ED at a school right now. Then if you get your lsat score before they make a decision and it is higher than your current one, you can call the school up to withdraw ED.

Yes, that is what I was thinking. Given my stats, would it be at all beneficial/possible to apply ED to Michigan or Penn, or should I just wait?

Thanks!

Return to “What are my chances?”