2.9, 169 Forum

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
athenian

Bronze

2.9, 169

Post by athenian » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:21 pm

2.9 GPA and a 169. I'm obviously looking for places that are going to be splitter friendly.

Other factors to consider:
I was arrested on two occassions as a freshman (fake ID, underage drinking). I jumped through all the hoops and completed probation with flying colors. I even wound up taking an executive board position at the non-profit I performed my community service hours for.

I've clerked at two separate law firms, and both will likely provide great recommendation letters.

Because I lost my scholarship after freshman year, I had to quit being a varsity student-athlete and pick up a job. I've worked a full-time job for the last three years of college.

As far as other extracurriculars, I've had leadership spots multiple organizations, helped write the state seat belt law, and founded a student group that raised money to fight global hunger.

My rap sheet and GPA are really holding me back, but I'd love to land somewhere decent. Where do I stand a realistic shot at making it in?

I'm considering the following schools: Arizona State, BC, UMinn, Davis, Hastings, Wisconsin, Illinois, UConn, UGA

I'd like to go to Vandy, USC, WashU, GW, or GULC... am I better off retaking in December or should I go ahead and apply to the schools I stand a better chance at getting into?

athenian

Bronze

Re: 2.9, 169

Post by athenian » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:00 am

Also, if anyone has any idea of schools I may not be looking at yet that could give me a strong shot at a job at a mid to large size firm once I graduate.

Return to “What are my chances?”