3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Postby dabomb75 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:13 pm

Just got my score back and hoping to get at least 1 acceptance at a T-14 school.

To better these chances, I want to apply ED to one of them.

My question is: which one?

LSAT: Took 2 times, 1st time I cancelled, and this last time I got a 172

Other stuff: I pretty much have 0 softs, my essay will probably be very average, and non-URM.

Which one would be most likely to accept a splitter like me?

Market: I really want to end up in NYC after graduation, so it's important for me for the school to place well there.

Thanks!
Last edited by dabomb75 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

tourdeforcex
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: 3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Postby tourdeforcex » Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:20 pm

if we're working just w/ those numbers and fuzzy statistics, i'd say
cornell (the best bet)
georgetown
then maybe
michigan
uva

but in my opinion, you should probably look into the schools and see what you'd prefer. ED is serious. it's not all about the rankings.

User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: 3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Postby dabomb75 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:02 pm

true

At the same time though, I'm most likely not going to get into more than 1 t-14, so I figure I'll give myself the best shot by applying to one of them that I have a chance of getting into.

Right now, I'm thinking either michigan or virginia as my ED school

Also, I have a sibling who just graduate from law school at one of the T14. Do they care about legacy type stuff for law school?

tourdeforcex
Posts: 428
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: 3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Postby tourdeforcex » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:03 pm

regarding legacy, i'm really not sure, some applications will ask if a relative attended or currently attends the law school. but to be honest, i don't think it's makes much difference.

my suggestion would be for you to read up on both schools, talk to your sibling, get opinions, and form your own. you probably will have a preference. apply that school. michigan and uva are both great schools and from what i hear alum from both schools love their alma mater.

oh. and consider job market. if you're decided or leaning toward a specific geographic job market, that might help you decide.

best wishes.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5834
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: 3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Postby 2014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:13 pm

If you have any WE, do Northwestern, if you don't do U.Va. If you decide to do U.Va, submit like tomorrow. You should be good to go. That is if you are willing to go to any T14 and you just want to maximize your chances.

You should get into a couple of the lower ones RD though, but as a splitter you know you can't count on it.

User avatar
dabomb75
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:56 pm

Re: 3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Postby dabomb75 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:31 am

So right now it's UVa ED or RD to all. My recs won't be in in time to do ED anywhere else


tourdeforcex wrote:regarding legacy, i'm really not sure, some applications will ask if a relative attended or currently attends the law school. but to be honest, i don't think it's makes much difference.

my suggestion would be for you to read up on both schools, talk to your sibling, get opinions, and form your own. you probably will have a preference. apply that school. michigan and uva are both great schools and from what i hear alum from both schools love their alma mater.

oh. and consider job market. if you're decided or leaning toward a specific geographic job market, that might help you decide.

best wishes.

I've read up a lot on UVa and it seems like I would really enjoy it there. However, as you said job market is very important to consider.

I want to end up in NYC after law school, so it's important for the school that I attend to have decent placement into those markets. Anyone know how UVa does there?


2014 wrote:If you have any WE, do Northwestern, if you don't do U.Va. If you decide to do U.Va, submit like tomorrow. You should be good to go. That is if you are willing to go to any T14 and you just want to maximize your chances.

You should get into a couple of the lower ones RD though, but as a splitter you know you can't count on it.

No WE so NU is a no go

bolded is where I have my huge dilemma right now. Go ED UVa, stand a decent chance of getting in, and forgo all other schools, or test my luck in RD, hoping to nail 2 T-14s and having a choice

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: 3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:36 am

UVA ed.

UVA does well in NYC.

User avatar
Grizz
Posts: 10583
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: 3.2/172. Which T6-T14 to ED at?

Postby Grizz » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:46 am

tourdeforcex wrote:if we're working just w/ those numbers and fuzzy statistics, i'd say
cornell (the best bet)
georgetown
then maybe
michigan
uva

but in my opinion, you should probably look into the schools and see what you'd prefer. ED is serious. it's not all about the rankings.


lulz Cornell doesn't have ED.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests