What should I do? LSAT 170, GPA 3.88

Not sure where your numbers will get you? Dying to know where you stand? Come have your palms read by your fellow posters!
User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

What should I do? LSAT 170, GPA 3.88

Postby glitched » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:13 pm

Well, I don't know what to do. I received a 170 on the October LSAT score and I have a 3.88 GPA. I graduated in 2010 and I want to take only one year off before applying. My PTs are on average 174 (ranging from 169 to 178).


Should I apply now with my score or should I wait until December and try to raise my score? I graduated from UC Berkeley, majoring in Molecular and Cell Biology, if that helps. I just want some advice. Thank you in advance.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: What should I do? LSAT 170, GPA 3.88

Postby r6_philly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:25 pm

Where do you want to go? You should be ok outside of T6 and have a decent shot at T6. I had same exact numbers last cycle BTW, my GPA is higher now though.

User avatar
glitched
Posts: 1040
Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 9:50 am

Re: What should I do? LSAT 170, GPA 3.88

Postby glitched » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:26 pm

i want to go t6. bottom line. but i just want to know if the chances will get worse enough down the stretch of application cycles for it not to be a favorable trade off.

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: What should I do? LSAT 170, GPA 3.88

Postby r6_philly » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Apply now, ride waitlists, if don't get in, take June LSAT. I only applied to HYCN out of T6, went complete in late March (took the delayed Feb test) and got on reserve at Columbia. You should be able to at least get WL at CCN if not in at Chi and NYU.

If you want to retake sooner, plan to do it in Feb, if you do well you can either get off waitlist or reapply.




Return to “What are my chances?”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests